Zumba-thon

Options
abyt42
abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
The local Zumba instructors are having an event today (to raise money for charity, and so people can try out different Zumba teachers.) I'm totally jazzed about going (none of my girlfriends would come: I know some of you would if you lived locally.) I've been dancing around the house in preparation! And have filled two water bottles and put them in the car already.

It'll take me 30 minutes to drive there, and the event doesn't start until 10..... I'm resisting the urge to change shirts (it's not a date, it's an exercise class!)

Replies

• PimpMyTofu
    Options
    We had one too! They were raising money for United Way. Our started at 9 and lasted till 1100... I am exhausted. LOL! I loved it though. Have a great day :-)
  • mkpeacock
    Options
    The local Zumba instructors are having an event today (to raise money for charity, and so people can try out different Zumba teachers.) I'm totally jazzed about going (none of my girlfriends would come: I know some of you would if you lived locally.) I've been dancing around the house in preparation! And have filled two water bottles and put them in the car already.

It'll take me 30 minutes to drive there, and the event doesn't start until 10..... I'm resisting the urge to change shirts (it's not a date, it's an exercise class!)

LOL hope your day Goes Well hun Have fun and BURN those calories!!!
  • boogie17
    boogie17 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    wish i knew where they did zumba by my house, because i would so do it!!!
  • caroldavis
    Options
    Have a great time! I took my first zumba class last week and loved it , even though i have no rythmn it was a blast!!
  • vkpmusic
    vkpmusic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Oh that's too cool! I wish we were having one here! I heart Zumba! Have a great time!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    there isn't any classes near my house ~ hopefully someday small town Iowa will be in the craze!!! =) have fun!
  • elizabeth60
    elizabeth60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Try your local YMCA for classes - they are free with membership
  • maggiemay20
    Options
    you can look on the website to find classes. mine is at the YMCA and you don't have to be a member
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Ohhh I've wanted to do a zumba class for a long time but never have been able to get into one. Have a great time!
  • abyt42
    Options
    So much fun!!!!

but now I might need a nap...or a bath....or both, reversing the order!

and I was wrong: I totally should have changed my shirt.
  • mkpeacock
    Options

LOL was it that bad??
  • thenebean9
    Options
    if you all check out www.zumba.com there is an option to find a class near you! :)
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    wish i knew where they did zumba by my house, because i would so do it!!!

You need to visit www.zumba.com and go to "find a class" type in your zip code and you can see where its being taught near your home. Hope you join soon :bigsmile:
  • abyt42
    Options

LOL was it that bad??

Everyone else was cute. Or very fit. Or both. And I was wearing my work out clothes. Just not "work out in public, at a public park, you person who is known in the community" clothing. I could have worn a slightly less paint splattered t-shirt. And it would have been slightly less embarrassing for students/former students/parents of students to see me. But, then again, it was a BLAST!