Progress Photos Only 4 lb Difference

Options
2»

Replies

• taanvi
    taanvi Posts: 33
    Options
    hey grt going......i also joined 12 days back and lost 6 pounds...felt goood...lets carry on im 5.2 and nw weighing 168 pounds...lets compete and support each other...i did nt load pics yet /....il do it after 20 pounds.....
    i do 50 mins treadmill 45 mins stationary bikes......floor exercises and dumbles half hr at home........
    add me i you feel we can do it together........all the best to both of us
  • clbowman91
    Options
    You sure it is only 4lbs and two weeks?

Yeah, that can happen with bloat. My belly used to get like that sometimes if I ate certain things.

I think she's just having a little weight loss to the tune of 4 lbs, and the rest is she was bloated the day she took the before pic and wasn't in the after pic. So yeah that will add up to inches I think.

Yes, it was only 2 weeks and 4 lbs. I've been working my behind off for it. So, it was a bit discouraging to see I'd only lost 4 lbs and I lost that the first week. However, I have in between photos It didn't all come off at once like bloat. Plus, I could be wrong but bloat will cause weight fluctuation and I know I've lost some weight as well. I don't believe I was bloated? I usually know when I am. I feel it. But, thanks?
  • Amadbro
    Amadbro Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Throw your scale out the window. I see alot of women get discouraged because they arn't seeing weight drop. That's the thing, you don't want to lose weight, you want to lose FAT. The problem with measuring progress with the scale is that when you start working out you "recomp" (gain muscle and lose fat simultaneously). This happens to everyone and is often referred to as "noob gains". Muscle weighs more than fat. So in reality you could have lost 10 lbs and gained some muscle. It's an awesome thing since the more muscle you have the more calories you burn while in a resting state I.E. sleeping, sitting at the computer.

Use the mirror to measure progress. As you can see you look thinner but have only lost 4 lbs. That's because you are recomping and have gained a little bit of muscle which is awesome.
  • Flab2Thin
    Options
    So, I started my journey (again) exactly 2 weeks ago. In that time I've lost 4 lbs and several inches. My first goal is to fit into these pants comfortably. Last time I lost weight I bought these and they were a little tight when I bought them. I was disgusted when I put them on two weeks ago and now they are still a little tight but not much longer to go until they should fit maybe a week or two (:

Height: 5'3
    SW: 177
    CW: 173
    GW: 128

*hopefully, these post...

2weekscomparison.jpg

Starting Measurements:

Neck: 13.5
    R. Arm: 12
    L. Arm: 12
    Bust: 41.5
    Waist: 35
    L. Handles: 44
    Hips: 43
    Butt: 44
    R. Thigh: 26
    L. Thigh: 26
    BMI: 31.4
    Body Fat %: 27.63

Current Measurements:
    Neck: 13.25
    R. Arm: 11
    L. Arm: 11
    Bust: 38
    Waist: 32.5
    L. Handles: 41
    Hips: 39.5
    Butt: 41
    R. Thigh: 25
    L. Thigh: 25
    BMI: 30.6
    Body Fat %: 27.1

19.5 inches total loss & 4 lbs (:

Excellent progress for only 2 weeks :smile:
  • Sassybmom
    Sassybmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Dayum! NICE! That happened to me too- little loss big difference :D sweet!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Fab progress for 2 weeks, a massive difference. Well done.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!