Best cereal to have for Breakfast !!

Options
Hiya

Just wondered what cereal is the lowest in calories???? - 30g with skimmed milk!!!

Replies

• cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I would say have oatmeal instead of cereal, more healthy. But anything whole grain that does not have a lot of sugar should be okay.... I personally do not really like cereal and I would rather have a greek yogurt or eggs and toast in the AM.
  • CARBLEGEND
    CARBLEGEND Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    anything with alot of sugar and fruit will help you
  • JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Kashi cereal brand has a lot of cereals to choose from. They have a few low calories ones as well.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I for one am a big fan of Cheerios. Can eat a lot for few calories.
  • jess6742
    jess6742 Posts: 146
    Options
    I have to second the oatmeal suggestion. It's a lot more filling and you can add whatever you want to it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I like cheerios. Specially the ones with strawberries and/or banana added.

But I tend to change my cereal and breakfast in general. Eggs, ful (local dish with beans, lentils, oil, cheese, falafel, veggies and spices), or just bread and tea. Anything really.
  • Shesaid_destroy
    Options
    For me, only weetabix are worth eating. Whole wheat, fiber, great taste with vanilla soy milk!
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Kelloggs All Bran is good on different levels, fibre, filling, tasty... (I actually like it without the milk too)
    But porridge works best.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Half a rice crispy
  • chancock6
    Options
    I do Special K. It's 110 calories a cup, not too overloaded with sugar, and you can buy it in really yummy flavors like chocolate and strawberry. I put about 1/4 of a cup of 2% on it, just enough to get it moist. I don't like a lot of milk.
  • truelypinkthing
    truelypinkthing Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I have 30g of rolled oats, with strawberries, blueberries and raspberries and a cup of unsweetened almond milk most mornings, around 320 calories and keeps me going all morning. But I'll have weetabix or oatabix for a change ( always with berries though). In the winter i have porridge made with water but a splash of almond milk on top. Eggs n toast are good too.
  • Simone_Marie2013
    Simone_Marie2013 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Quaker puffed wheat is very low calories ;) 1 cup = 40 calories only, good choice
  • julielongdon
    Options
    Thanks guys x x x Will give all suggestions a go and see how I do :-)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Weetabix!
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I like oatmeal with dried apricots and raisins. But I'm also a fan of Wheat Chex and Great Grains Raisin, Dates and Pecans.

I personally think you should eat whatever you like if it fits your macros, but I look for whole grains and breads/cereals that are higher in fiber and protein than sugar per serving.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    Cheerios with PB2, Soo good
  • kwedman488
    kwedman488 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    When I was focusing more on calories and less on my macros, I would have honey nut Cheerios but add cinnamon to it and have it with 30 cal vanilla almond milk-delicious. Now that I'm focusing more on my protein intake and eating a little more, I have the kashi cereal with 13g of protein for 1 cup and only 140 cals. Then I just dice some strawberries, throw in some fresh blueberries, add cinnamon, add my almond milk, and eat it with some sliced cantaloupe on the side.
  • RunionX4
    RunionX4 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I personally love the plain old Cheerios and add cut up bananas or fresh blueberries. I also love the Special K cereals. My favorite of those is the one with the strawberries although the chocolate one is great for an evening snack.
  • adam85491
    adam85491 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Special K Protein

Use almond milk or light soy milk to minimize calories

Not sure about you guys but whenever I eat cereal I get hungry two hours later
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I used to eat Grape Nuts