Paleo vs Ramen - Oh, the humanity!

Options
2»

Replies

• Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    i was going to respond until i read tuna and cheese in ramen. i'm now scarred for life and will never enter another nutrition thread as long as i live. :noway:

Haters stay hating. Oriental flavored ramen with a little sesame oil and tuna is amazeballs, as far as prepackaged ramen goes. Beyond that the the fresh noodle houses around here will put anything you ask for in your ramen. I like egg and fish in a fish broth, yum

yeah, that's kinda different than tuna and cheese, lol.

Ramen with tuna and cheese is essentially a quickie/poor man's tuna casserole. Do you have some issues with tuna casserole, or are you just letting some manner of preconceived notion get in the way of noodles+tuna+cheese=a fairly common meal combo?
  • pittbullgirl
    pittbullgirl Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I haven't had Ramen in FOREVER but now I want to walk my son to the store for some. DAMNNNN YOU!!

and no, I don't have the macro's for it. Screw it. :tongue:
  • WenHurley
    WenHurley Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    One of kids favorite things when they were little was ramen with some mixed vegetables in it.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    i was going to respond until i read tuna and cheese in ramen. i'm now scarred for life and will never enter another nutrition thread as long as i live. :noway:

Haters stay hating. Oriental flavored ramen with a little sesame oil and tuna is amazeballs, as far as prepackaged ramen goes. Beyond that the the fresh noodle houses around here will put anything you ask for in your ramen. I like egg and fish in a fish broth, yum

Ramen with tuna and cheese is essentially a quickie/poor man's tuna casserole. Do you have some issues with tuna casserole, or are you just letting some manner of preconceived notion get in the way of noodles+tuna+cheese=a fairly common meal combo?

Actually, I never did like tuna noodle casserole. Even as a kid, it seemed wrong to me.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options

Truth be told, I still love Ramen, with it's curly sit-in-your-belly-like-a-brick salty goodness. I just choose not to eat it anymore. It's a gateway food for me. If I eat Ramen, then it's not long before I'm mainlining pretzels and saltines and oreos and bagels and once I hit the bagels, I'm ready to be admitted to carb rehab.

Dont diss bagels! there is nothing wrong with carbs especially wholemeal varieties of pasta, rice and bread.

I eat wholemeal bagels and cream cheese every morning for breakfast and am losing weight, one whole new York fruit & oat bagel and one triangle of laughing cow lite cream cheese is a total of 260 calories but more importantly has 9g of protein and 4g of fibre in the bagel alone.

Wholemeal varieties of carbs are also satisfying foods on the glycaemic index and I think eating from all the food groups and not excluding food groups is the best approach to healthy living

I must diss bagels... Not for you or anyone else, but for me, they're on the shiz list. I'm Jewish, and I've been eating bagels my whole life. Almost every day for forty-some-odd years. Giving them up was part of my personal choice to revamp my diet, especially since they're a breakfast food and that sets the tone for the day. They're banned from my lifestyle 98% of the time. I actually fast through breakfast most days anyway now, so there's little place for them anyway.

Eating lots of carbs may work for you. I prefer how I feel on a low carb lifestyle. I'm at very high risk of diabetes and keeping my sugar intake low and my blood sugar stable is a priority for me. Now that I'm on maintenance, I make exceptions for breads when they're worth it, but it's not an every day part of my life anymore.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options

i think i've been to the east italian coast one too many, lol. asking for cheese on your fish pasta dish will practically get you slapped. they take it v. v. seriously. as i see you do as well, just in the opposite direction.
    i'm no snob. i have and will eat most anything, but that particular combo offends my sensibilities, mkay? :laugh:
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eating a package of ramen is more like a snack for me. It isn't filling at all XD. Ramen from an authentic, Japanese ramen shop on the other hand...

l.jpg

One enormous, heaping bowl of kotteri miso ramen with soft boiled egg, yess...

When I eat ramen now, I do it right ;P.
  • madmiya
    madmiya Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    forget cakes and cookies
    ramyun is my weakness
    i eat one shincup a month
    (ladies- you know when!)
    totally screws up my gf