Pre-Workout Energy Drink?

Options
Thinking I need a boost of energy to get me through workout and not crash mid day AND I don't want to feel jittery or irritable.
What are you taking and how's it working for you?

Replies

• DancingDreamer
    Options
    nature's energy drink! green tea! and before a work out why not try a protein shake made with green tea powder in it as well as protein powder? that way you get the caffeine that will give you a boost and also the protein that will keep you going! :)

hope this helps!
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I use designer whey (chocolate). It works great for me I feel like I have a lot more steam to get me through my workout and less muscle fatigue afterwards. It's low calorie so I can afford to have one before my workout and one after.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    I like Lipton Green Tea in the afternoon at 3pm to get me through the rest of the day and picking up the kids from school. But for pre-workout it's mostly Fuzion k-akg from Nutrishop all the way. I like the taste of the fruit punch one. Some people use Jacked or N O-explode, but Fuzion rocks better in taste. It has some creatine and caffeine in it that gets you going.
  • JeremyM3476
    Options
    N.O.-XPLODE works great.. Its the best pre-workout drink I have used... I used it for P90X and Insanity and without it I couldn't hardly finish the workouts.. Now I use it in the gym whether its cardio or weight training... Can order it off bodybuilding.com
  • lordofultima
    Options
    N.O. XPLODE does work pretty good, although I don't generally use supplements for anything. Try black coffee, caffeine is pretty much the best supplement you can ask for before a workout.
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com is THE best place to order shakes and supplements. Fast shipment and great customer service. OK, I sound like a commercial.
  • leanmass24
    leanmass24 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you want something that will give you a ton of energy for workouts I suggest "iSatori Morph megadrive" powder. My girlfriend and I take it before workouts. It gives you TONS OF ENERGY, no crash, and no jitters. We like the fruit punch flavor. I orginally was against taking supplements, but this works so well. She calls it "Crack for workouts". She needed the boost after years of nightshift and unhealthy diet. She says It is the only reason that kept her working out in the beginning. We have a protien shake after workout syntha-6 chocolate milkshake flavor, sometimes mixed with fruit in the blender, like bananas with strawberries, mixed frozen fruit(no sugar added), or bananas with nuts if we need the calories.
  • SaraTN
    SaraTN Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I use a powder called Jackd. I mix it with water and drink it 20-30 minutes before a work out. Smooth energy, no racing heart, and a clairity - focus component that I haven't found with anything else. I feel like the energize bunny on it....
  • Dtrmnd1
    Dtrmnd1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    www.bodybuilding.com is THE best place to order shakes and supplements. Fast shipment and great customer service. OK, I sound like a commercial.

LOVE IT!!! :happy:
  • Dtrmnd1
    Options
    Thanks ALL!! My dad gave me advocare slam sample (he's 65 and works out 3x a wk for years) and MAN I burned more cals in my workouts then EVER! Tho right now as Im typing I feel like Im gonna burst :noway: :laugh: WHOOOOOHOOOO!!!! I will look into those options! Doing doubles most days, 2 kids,hubby and tons of stuff to do I need all the energy I can get.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I use a whey protein drink xxx
  • Dtrmnd1
    Options
    I drink a protein shake after workout to replace all that I just spent. :)
  • Cina04
    Cina04 Posts: 609
    Options
    I use NO Xplode at the moment. No sugar - 25 cals per scoop (you can take 1 to 3 scoops per day). I don't feel no jitters and gives me energy for hours and hours. I started taking it during the 2nd month of Insanity and I didn't feel dead tired like I usually do and not do my house wife duties LOL.

But the Hubby got Xpand today which is only 10 cals per scoop (and say sin big bold letters one scoop per day) May try it out tomorrow . If I like it I might be switching! =)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    So glad you asked this question!
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I use jack3d for weights and No Xplode for mma. Have that I need to drink a LOT of water with jack3d and can't do that at mma otherwise I can feel it in my belly and slows me down :P