How do you stay motivated???

Options
2»

Replies

• flynnem4
    flynnem4 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just look down at my belly; I don't like it at all, and it getting smaller and smaller always makes me feel like it's worth keeping up the good fight.
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I don't really purposely do anything to stay motivated, I just am. I don't feel the need to post inspirational quotes on my fridge or anything like that. It's all mental. You have to be absolutely sick of being in a crappy situation and, trust me, motivation will come easy. You have to be ready for a change. If motivation seems to be a hard concept, then you're not ready for a change.
    The only thing I do is track my progress just to know that there's progress. I've measured myself from the beginning and, of course, weigh ins. That's it. :)
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I just look down at my belly; I don't like it at all, and it getting smaller and smaller always makes me feel like it's worth keeping up the good fight.

QFT
  • sharonfoustmills
    sharonfoustmills Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I think about how much better I feel already and all the things I will be able to do after losing the extra weight- that really motivates me.
  • BeefyBFit
    BeefyBFit Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I think about how much better I feel already and all the things I will be able to do after losing the extra weight- that really motivates me.

Love this one!
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    When I remind myself how much I'm not spending in gas money, I stay on the bike.
    When I stay on the bike, what I eat is more difficult to become a problem. I can now say that I've eaten the workplace's heart attack... and still come in under budget calorie-wise.
  • danielbwest
    danielbwest Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I use the SMART rule for motivation. Specific Measurable Attainable Relevant Time Bound.

If you can set yourself small goals to reach, you'll be more motivation to achieve them. It could be going to the gym three days this week, or eating good for a week.. If you try to bite off more than you can chew, you're going to feel discouraged and want to give up. Eventually, the small goals will pile up into you being able to achieve a bigger goal.