Formerly Obese + Sex

Options
veggiehottie
veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
Hi Guys!

This question goes out to the people who were formerly obese and are now considered "normal" sized.

Let's talk about sex. Is this something you ever became comfortable with?

10 years ago, I was 100 pounds heavier than I am now. I lost it over the years, have gained some back, lost it, gained, etc. You know how it goes... But now, from all outside appearances, I am a "normal" sized woman.

Being so big for a majority of my life really placed a toll on my body. I look A LOT different without my clothes on. You know what I mean. A tummy tuck is out of the question financially.

I just can't get comfortable being intimate with a man. And, to be honest, it scares me off from potential partners because I don't want them to be unpleasantly surprised when a relationship moves towards sex.

So, how do you guys deal with this???

Replies

• veggiehottie
    Options
    bump
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Nobody? lol
  • miaz143
    miaz143 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi!

Ok for started I completely understand what you mean. I first lost 70lbs about 2 years ago and my stomach was not the most attractive thing. I found which helped me the most was Bio Oil and Bio Oil wraps. It's a little bit pricey, but you can make your own wrap instead of buying theirs. (plastic wrap, etc.) It helped tighten any lose skin I was having issues with within 3 months.

Also, about the sex question. I find that if you find sexy lingerie that hides your problem area but you still feel sexy in works best. Like for instance, a cute sexy baby doll and some crotchless lace booty shorts panties (Fredrick's in Hollywood) Anything that you feel sexy and confident in, and if you're still a little nervous a candle lit room is always the best.

You lost so much weight. You should be proud, confident, and sexy in your own skin and any guy would be lucky enough to have you!!

Good Luck!!

:)
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Thanks for the tips!

On the bio oil... How did you do your own wraps? Just apply oil and leave the plastic wrap on? For how long?

Also, thanks for the words of encouragement!!!

I do feel sexy with clothes on, but am not happy with what I see when I am naked, and worry that a guy would feel the same. Sometimes I wonder If I should just warn the guy first, like "hey don't be surprised but...", but then that takes away the spontaneous fun.

This past weekend I was at the beach (at night) with this guy I really like. He wanted me to go skinny dipping with him and I really wanted to! BUT I did not want to scare him away. Stupid that I even have to think about this stuff. :(
  • miaz143
    miaz143 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Yes as silly as that sounds just apply the oil and wrap yourself up. I've also heard people got good results from using castor oil as well.

I applied the bio oil and wrapped myself up at night laid with a heating pad on low for 30-60 minutes to let the oil absorb and then left it on over night.

It helped me a lot, but I know some people that wear it under their clothes all day for 72 hours then take a day off, then applied it for 2-3 hours every day after that.. To me that sounds like a lot, but I've read that people got the best results with this method.

Aw, that's cute. I think if he likes you, he likes you. But I understand the feeling.

Have you tried wearing a belly band? I've known some woman that after having kids used them and it tighten their stomachs right back up with 6 months post baby.
  • veggiehottie
    Options
    Hmmm all great ideas. Thanks!!
  • brayman1701
    brayman1701 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    honestly speaking as a guy any decent guy wouldn't be bothered at all.