Today I bought size 9-10 clothes....

Options
I'm nowhere near that jeans size (22 as of today) but I went to Savers which is a thrift store. I bought a pair of Nordstrom's off the rack, tag still attached 90.00$ pair of jeans for only 7 bucks! It's a size like 36 waist so it's around a 9/10. Plus I got 3 cuuuute (and spaghetti strapped) tops and a (short and cute) boho dress. I also purchased some hanging sticky clips for my walls and have placed all 5 items at each of the doors in my bedroom (closet 1, small closet, back of bedroom door, front and back of bathroom door) so I can look at them every single day to keep my confidence up!

Replies

• lalouli
    Options
    That's a great idea! You may need to check the size though, because a 30 inch waist is usually a 10. Good luck in achieving your goal!!
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Love the idea. I want to be size 12 by next summer. (I've gone from 18 -14 in 5 months) I'm thinking of shopping. Good idea to stick to the thrift right now. I was shopping yesterday and had no idea what size I was. Strange.
  • luv4mart
    Options
    I used to wear a size 22, I went to walking around walmart last night and just for kicks tried on a size 14 jeans. THEY FIT!!!!!!! I was very excited. I want to go down to a size 10 should go to the thrift store and buy me some and aim to fit in them by december.
  • ninakretina
    Options
    That is always a great motivation! I have been sewing my Holidays dresses and the patterns I've used are size 18 so I have a reason to keep losing weight(I'm also a size 22). They WILL fit by November!!! :bigsmile: