I'm brand new - Haven't got the will!

Options
Hi I'm 44 mum of 3. Have been obese for nearly 9yrs.
Any diet I try, I can't stick to it for more than a week. Haven't exercised for months. My body feels like it's 70.
Deal with a lot of stress(don't we all). Stay up late, take sleeps during the day.
Totally addicted to sweet foods. Live on Iced Coffee otherwise I get bad acid. Rarely drink water.

I am looking for someone who loves food and lacks the will to eat healthy and exercise to lose weight. Someone who can support me through this and whom I can help support in return. Australian would be good so we share the same food choices and methods of measurement. Lol! But anybody would be great. Someone to tell me truths and get me motivated.

Replies

• livelovelaugh91897
    livelovelaugh91897 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I have been doing this weight roller coaster for way too long. I need support too, and I think that we can help each other out! ;)
  • loriwhitefaith
    loriwhitefaith Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You have to love yourself first and have do or die attitude. Don't count yourself as failing before you get started. I live in USA but I'll support you anyway I can. Take baby steps day by day. Make small changes one day one step at the time. No one can determine your reason for losing weight or wanting to become healthier but you. I love food, but just know there are thousands of substitutes out there that can be a healthier version of what you normally eat. Only you will know when you are sick and tired of being sick and tired. Learn to drink water......I did and it is the best decision I have ever made. I was addicted to soda before and don't like it that much anymore. I never thought I'd say that in a billion years. Your mind can be retrained. You can do this, but only if you want to. Determination comes from within but you have came to the right place if you want support. Please feel free to read my profile and add me if you like. You can do this. You are not a failure in God's eyes.

I seriously had to start with sips of water and work my way from there when I started drinking water. I had a million excuses I could tell you why I could not drink water.......they was just that. All excuses, but water is so good to me now.
  • sninno
    sninno Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on fitness pal for a while, after givig birth to my son 4 years ago I started it and got back to 128 lbs, I was excercising everuday and eating helthy. Now I am almost 150 lbs I feel awful, ican not stop eating I eat like crap, I drink a lot of coffee, mand on top of that I smoke.
    Bottom line I feel really bad about myself I need to get back tp my 128lbs and make better choices, I am very stressed, and feeling depressed all the time I don't feel motivated at all, I simply do not care anymore. I will be 40 in october and I feel like I am 60.
    So I would love to have some kind of support and I would love to feel usefull and give support to someone. So here I am.
  • marfeez
    marfeez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm back and I need lots of support and motivation. I lost 40 lbs. on WW about 4 years ago, and I've since then gained it back. For some reason, I have no will power, and I need to get that back.
  • QueenWino
    QueenWino Posts: 106
    Options
    I struggle with will all the time. I started this w/o the will to succeed, just sort of going through the motions as I really couldn't stand how I felt every single day, but I didn't think I'd do well. That whole 'fake it till you make it' mantra proved to be true w/me as I am slowly losing weight, checking into the community boards to find motivation when it is outside myself, and I take care to not get zealous. I have to have temptations away from me at most times as I will fail if they are around, but I am cooking lots of healthy meals that are truly delicious and am most successful when I have a fridge filled w/healthy leftovers, such as kale salad, lentil soup, etc. You might not feel it now, but in 6 weeks (where I am), you can have a hugely different life, and genuinely want more. I have bad choice days, but nowhere near what they'd be if I hadn't decided to try this. Good luck and friend if you want (despite the being in the Us thing!).
  • maxrain
    maxrain Posts: 9
    Options
    Do you think you can create a habit for yourself? This is the key to success. Once you accomplish this, your goals will develop and you will reach and surpass them.

I like yourself, was around 25% body fat and have managed to drop down to about 11%. It was hard, but developing the habit was key for me. I did it with the help of Taislim. check it out http://lardon.taislim.com.

Check my meal progress and see for yourself. also check out https://www.facebook.com/TAIslimChallengeCalgary
  • amyknjones
    Options
    Start slowly!! Experiment with foods that fill you up for longer and after awhile you will realize that you can still enjoy food, stay full, indulge once in awhile, and lose weight...all at the same time. My advice is focus on the food and drinking less caloric beverages, and once you have a handle on that, throw in some light exercise. I was the girl who couldn't even run to the mailbox and now I run 2.5 miles at least 2-3 times a week and do circuit training at the gym at least 2 times a week. Don't overwhelm yourself and do it all at once. Little steps. You got this!!
  • rockinsockstaliea
    rockinsockstaliea Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    hi doll. I totally understand what you are talking about. Im going on 32 and the mother of a 4yr old and I just have finally gotten myself on the band wagon to get healthier. I have been obese for many years. Im an emotional eater and am addicted to fast food. I don't eat all day long but when I do eat its horrible! Ive been eating better and following a program for the last 45days and let me tell you...its been super hard but worth it. Im here to support you girl!!! you have to do it for yourself. yes you need to do it for your kids but I feel that if you don't see yourself first it makes it even harder. push urself and I promise you will be glad. that's why we are all here:)

Taliea
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Take it day by day and don't go in "all or nothing". Make little changes. Once you conquer one bad habit, move on to another. Tackle your hardest battle first. If that's sweets, get a food scale and measure out every portion you have. If you can't have it in your house without binging on it, don't have it in the house.

You should also know that to succeed, it's best to accept that you won't be 100% perfect all of the time. If you can do it right 80% of the time and track your indulgences, you'll be in a good spot.

Try something new that scares you. Go for a walk. Try a new exercise class or video.

I won't lie, the first few times you do something, you may not LOVE it, but over time, it will become a part of your day and you'll want to do it. I hadn't exercised in over a year (and I wasn't serious about it to begin with) but now, I really can't see myself NOT doing something every other day at least.

Good luck. I'm totally rooting for you!
  • Magdaloonie
    Magdaloonie Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You have gotten some really good advice already. What I would like to add is that you seem to have already decided to fail. Your negative screen name is proof. Drop it and sign up again under something else. And don't seek friends who are also failing. It might make you feel better for a minute or two but that'll be as good as it gets. If you're not ready to change your life, you aren't. I get that. But if you are, commit to it. Now.
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    .... you seem to have already decided to fail..... If you're not ready to change your life, you aren't. I get that. But if you are, commit to it. Now.

This. Not trying to be mean, but if you aren't ready you wont succeed. I tried for 6 months to lose weight. Every day I got up, determined to eat right. I did fine till the evening...then it all fell apart. So I would say, ok...tomorrow for sure. Well, tomorrow, turned into another tomorrow....and another....and another. Finally 6 months later, I hit bottom. I was totally disgusted. I didn't WANT the junk anymore. I didn't WANT to overeat. I was ready.

All the friends in the world can't keep you from putting the food in your mouth. Motivation really comes from within yourself FIRST. If you have it. then you are ready. Log your food. Be accountable....don't hide your diary. If you are eating right, there is no need to hide it. And if you aren't, own up to it and move on.

You have taken the first step coming here....congratulations on that! And good luck with your weight loss!