C4, what to expect?

Options
I have been wanting to try it but didn't want to commit to a whole tub without trying it first. I scored 3 samples from my GNC yesterday! Anyway, I have never taken a pre-workout. Should I take it before weights? Cardio? Either? Does it matter if I run first thing in the morning and would take it on an empty stomach? Thanks!

Replies

• jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Yes before weight lifting. No, not before cardio. Takes about 15 minutes to kick in.
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Take only one dosage. Do not take all three at once. As Jaws said, do not take it before cardio, its best for weight lifting. Your ears and face will probably itch when you take it.
  • DrNerdy
    Options
    What flavor did you happen to get? I usually go for Blue Raspberry, I had Strawberry, but that got boring real quick like...
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Personally, I did not find C4 very good. 1MR is a bit better, but if you look at the active ingredients in most of these you can simply buy L Tyrosine, L Arginine, Beta Analline, caffeine and creatine and achieve the same effect at a fraction of the price. A bit of ephedrine works for some too.
  • LindsayE007
    LindsayE007 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Ok thanks. I know not to take all 3!! LOL It is fruit punch flavor.
  • DrNerdy
    Options
    lol, let me know how it tastes! I might have to try that one next if its good.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    The beta-alanine itch threw me the first time. Don't worry about it - it gets kind of fun. Expect to lift heavier and longer with a more focused workout. I don't think preworkouts of C4 nature are generally recommended for cardio.
    If you got one of those little packets they are 2 servings. The first time just take half.

ETA: I like green apple and pink lemonade flavors.
  • jaweiss1
    jaweiss1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    White Flood is my favorite, C4 makes me a little jittery but otherwise it's good. In White Flood, Juicy Watermelon is great. Don't get Fruit Punch, it is terrible, tastes like beets.