Anyone from Austalia?

Options
I'm 24 and from the gold coast and just getting back on the weight loss band wagon and looking for like minded people in my country to keep each other motivated!

Replies

• TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    I'm halfway between the Gold Coast and Brisbane in one of the semi-rural leafy bits, originally from the UK but happy in Oz for the last 8 years or so.

I eat well, extend my walk home from work each day, take the stairs not the lifts, that kind of thing.

Never been to a gym, not that I'm judging anyone that does, everyone needs their own motivations but I prefer to build exercise into my day.

Good luck with the fitness goals, keep it sustainable (no fads, no starving) and make it a habit is my best advice for both nutrition and exercise.
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I'm in Adelaide, South Australia, there are alot of other people around Australia on here.
    I goto the gym 5-6 days a week but it's getting harder and harder to burn the same as i get fitter and fitter
    almost 6 months into my weight loss journey (22nd August will be 6 months of calender time)

Total change of diet and exercise, due to a midlife crisis and being diagnosed with Level 2 Hypertension at critical levels (High Blood Pressure)

23.3 Kilo's lost, approx 14% body fat lost and an increase to muscle tone and mass. another 10Kilo's and 10% body fat would be awesome

add me if you like, i'm on here ever day
  • TygerDawn
    TygerDawn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm week two into my new lifestyle. I have a PT session twice a week and have started walking and riding when I can. I have a 6 year old and a new born so time is scarce but I'm trying my best. Staying under my calorie goals and haven't touched soda or junk since I started. Trying to stay motivated with no support at home so I thought I'd find it here :-)
  • phoenixgirl81
    phoenixgirl81 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    From NSW here. There's an Aussie group on MFP. Search "Aussie Aussie Aussie!" and you'll find heaps of us!
  • Roxiemini
    Options
    Hey there, I'm from Australia as well :) Live in a small town in North Queensland.

I'm wanting to lose 10kg (lost 2kg so far!) And I do Zumba 6 times a week, plus walks and light weight training :)

I have a 3 year old daughter, so I take take her with me when I do my exercises, can be a challenge some days though, little ones have a mind all of their own haha.
  • mssteel90
    mssteel90 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Central qld!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Adelaide here
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in Adelaide too paulperryman (well south of) on the Fleurieu, feel free to add me. I am a friend of Karenwantsabikini too. She is a great inspirator.

Hi everyone. I have been doing MFP for a couple of years. Just started eating 5:2. Have a low thyroid so it is hard for me to lose weight. Not on tablets yet. Have a final blood test in 3 months to see how I am after 5:2. Doctor says it would be so much easier if I went on the tablets but I figure the least medications I have surely has to be better ????? After 3 weeks eating this way I have lost 1.8kg all up.

Wanting to get enthused all over again ....
  • Synapze
    Synapze Posts: 499
    Options
    <<Adelaide! :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    North QLD here!
  • Jaine86
    Jaine86 Posts: 36
    Options
    Aussie here!
  • Symonep
    Symonep Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    <<<<<< another Gold Coaster here....where abouts are you?
  • Miffylou
    Miffylou Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Adelaide too. Will send through a friend request. Good luck with your new lifestyle!!!
  • Petefry1
    Petefry1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Sydney
  • TygerDawn
    TygerDawn Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Broadbeach waters
  • Achieveyourdream
    Achieveyourdream Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Country nsw here :)
  • donnaleighh
    donnaleighh Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Wow, so many Adelaide crew ... I am also Adelaide down South .... feel free to add me (normally really active but am travelling for the next week or two so may be slower on the uptake than usual!) Donna
  • Its_Nat
    Its_Nat Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Brissy here!
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    New south wales Riverina area
  • Froody2
    Froody2 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Townsville, in North Queensland :)