Today was so hard.....

Options
So, today we had a party for my husbands parents, for their 45th wedding anniversary. I had to bake so many different things. I did so good. I did not taste any of the food I baked. When it was time to go to the party, I took me an apple with peanut butter and some fresh vegetables, so I could stay on my plan. IT WAS SO HARD! Everyone around me kept trying to push the food down my throat. But, I kindly refused and stuck to my plan. Now I am home and the leftovers came home with me. I keep thinking to myself, just one will not hurt. But, I know all to well, that is not true. I know one will lead to two and before you know it, the whole thing will be gone. I just need some motivation, so I will stay away from those goodies in the kitchen. PLEASE HELP! :)

Replies

• rfialkiewicz
    rfialkiewicz Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Imagine someone spit on it before it came back home with you. Think of all the hands that might have touched it at the party. Unwashed hands. Think about the number of calories sitting there on the plate in terms of pounds to gain. Try to think of something disgusting you've seen before that looks kind of like that.

If you're an emotional eater, like me, remind yourself that once you finish it eating you will feel twice as bad as when you started and it won't have helped a bit.
  • John8188
    Options
    I know how u feel. be stay strong. Some people can have a day to snack and be ok, some will fall off the wagon and it will be terrible. Good job
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    You did SO great today! Maybe you could give the leftovers to family, or neighboors? If you want to keep it, here's an idea: Get some sanwich baggies and separate the leftovers into acceptable sized snacks/meals. Then, for lunch or a snack have one baggie full.

You can do it, just keep up the good work! :bigsmile:
  • bree1609
    Options
    I know how hard it is to be around people who are eating and encouraging you to eat. Just don't give in! You should have sent the left-overs with someone else though. It's like you're tempting yourself. It's one thing when others try to; it's sabatoge when you do it yourself. Get rid of it!

Just hang in there. Stay away from the kitchen. Read a book or watch TV. You can do this. Just think, it will feel so much better after you lose the weight than it will feel to eat the baked "bads."
  • lorrie59
    Options
    Get rid of the leftovers now it is too hard not to eat them so give them to your neighbor's you have work to hard to let go now. keep up the good work.
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I feel better already. There is just something about hearing from others who know exactly where you are coming from. Motivation is so important and I thank each of you for giving that to me today. :smooched:
  • Chrystiner
    Options
    This is why i usually plan out my "cheat day's" on event days such as this. This way i can eat what i want, then back on track until my next scheduled cheat day.
  • mikeivb
    mikeivb Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    give the food to a homeless person :)
  • BocaBaybee
    BocaBaybee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Sometimes....really just sometimes, I throw that stuff away if it is tormenting me too much! I know it's kind of wasteful considering you put so much hard work into making all of it. However, it is equally hard working it off too! It served its purpose today in that it made alot of people happy which was your goal :)
  • Scorpiomom222
    Scorpiomom222 Posts: 1,462 Member
    Options
    Glad you had control. I don't really have a problem with junk food. My problem is I'll gorge myself until I'm stuffed. But not since I've been on here. Good job!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Good work but you should not have brought the leftovers home! Down the disposal they go - unless you have neighbors or family who want them!
  • 2BaNewMe2
    2BaNewMe2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB, resisting all the temptation!!!! :flowerforyou: Keep up the good work. I am having friends over tonight for cards and usually it means snacking on chips and/or sweets. I got some yogart and an apple to snack on instead of the chips, but I had to go through the chip aisle at the store to have for the guests. I know exactly what you are going through. I WILL stick to the snack plan tonight!!! You stick to keeping away from the baked goods!!!!
  • Monda
    Monda Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I have successfully gotten rid of the temptation! My son just took them to my sisters house next door. Thank goodness! I will never bring left overs home again. I thought I would be able to handle it. It is just not worth the pressure of the temptation. Thanks again for all of the support! :)