Determined! (this time...)

I'm something of a serial dieter. I really want to succeed this time as I'm going to be a bridesmaid in November and I don't wish to look like the token fatty. At 206lbs I'm far too big for my 5'6'' frame. Does anyone have any tasty recipes and exercise tips they could pass my way? Thanks in advance!:drinker:

Replies

• mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Do this - http://iifym.com/iifym-calculator/

Stick to it.

In regards to exercise do a mixture of weight training and cardio. Good luck.
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Tips: don't think of it as a diet, have things in moderation if you want them. Make sure that you're eating enough (this site may help you: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/) and start exercising - maybe find a class or two that you enjoy to begin with or youtube videos can work! Also, don't expect the scales to keep on dropping lots like it will most likely in the first couple of weeks but don't let that dishearten you, keep going! :)
  • Thanks! About to do a workout DVD now... eek :noway:
  • Hello there
    good luck in your weight loss goals, its great you have something to aim for. I am also a serial dieter but this site does appear to be helping me much more than groups etc as there is always someone on hand to give support and advice.
    In terms of recipes if you google slimming world recipes there are some lovely ones. I also love making soup with a basic veggie stock, onion and garlic and then I usually put in as many different veggies as I can then I blend it all and add extra water for the right consistency. If your want to reduce fat etc and you eat meat one option is to switch to veggie options the sausages are lovely in home made toad in the hole.
    As for exercise my aim is to move a bit more each day and to try new things. I wear a pedometer which keeps me going in terms of walking that bit further. but i have yet to build in a proper routine for exercise.
    Hope that helps liz
  • annipannie
    annipannie Posts: 1 Member
    HELLO ,
    I ALSO AM A SERIAL DIETER AND LIKE YOU ARE STARTING AGAIN TODAY HAVE USED MY FITNESS PAL BEFORE AND IT DOES REALLY WORK . THERE IS ALWAYS PLENTY INFORMATION AND HELP WHEN YOU NEED IT.
    HOPE IT GOES WELL FOR YOU WILL FOLLOW YOUR PROGRESS WITH INTEREST .
    ANNE.
  • sarahdarlinton
    sarahdarlinton Posts: 6 Member
    Hi,
    I am in the same situation as you are....and I am impatient/ wish to see fast results....which is kinda strange, since it took me 7 years to put on all this extra weight! And expect it to be gone in 7 weeks???! So this time am gonna take it 1 day at a time and set more realistic goals!
  • I've managed 20 minutes of an aerobic DVD, LOL. But tomorrow, I might manage 30 minutes, hey? And I intend to go out on my bike later, only for a couple of miles, but it's a start. I fancy myself as a bit of a cook so if I concoct any recipes worthy of sharing, I will share!

Thanks for your encouraging words. I really am determined this time! :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    1. Don't make it complicated.
    2. Don't quit.

Yeah...that's what I got.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    1. Don't make it complicated.
    2. Don't quit.

Yeah...that's what I got.

but thats all you need!

eat less, move more... it really is that simple!
  • xWendyJonesx
    xWendyJonesx Posts: 266 Member
    Its always good to have an incentive, so being a bridesmaid in November should help keep you going.
    I like to have what I want, so as long as it fits in my daily calorie allowance I have it.
    Drinking loads and loads and loads of water really helps, I need to drink more, somedays I can do it some days I just cant.
    Get yourself a nice group of supportive friends on here, I wouldnt be able to do this without my friends, feel free to add me.
    Reading other peoples diarys helps with tips and ideas.
    If you do have a bad day, start a fresh the next day, dont give up.
    You can do it if you want too, good luck.