?how do you eat your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I chop half an apple down into bite-sized pieces, and add 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar and some cinnamon.

Also, 1-2 tbsp of canned pumpkin, a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.

I'd think that many fruits would be awesome too. Pears, berries, etc.

That sound so good . Like apple pie
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I know it's common to make with water and add a splash of milk.

I am thoroughly indulgent and make it with full fat milk, no water.

Drizzle a bit of honey on top.

Delicious, I feel no need to change it up.
  • losinggweightt
    Options
    How does everyone think this will taste?

-1/3 of a cup of oatmeal cooked with water
    -1/2 a frozen banana, chopped
    -2 strawberries, diced finely
    -1/8 of an apple, diced finely
    -1 tbs of 98% fat free mango yoghurt
    -3 almonds, grated or chpped

mmm.... good? Too much?
  • Sam3622
    Sam3622 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have mine with almond milk and chocolate whey protein. Every morning without fail :)
  • Ben_1960
    Ben_1960 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I never find this super food repetitive. I eat it almost every morning made with plain water. I add half a banana sliced up plus a few fresh strawberries or raspberries and a teaspoon of chia seeds.
  • LAnne16
    LAnne16 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I eat oatmeal pretty much every day. I don't find it boring. I have 2 or 3 flavours at home, so I switch them around every day, and I'll throw in some fruit like a banana or apple or some complimentary nuts to add some more texure and taste. I make mine with water and I put in 1 tbsp of Chia Seeds to aid my digestive system :)
    I love oatmeal. !
  • judywhi
    judywhi Posts: 18
    Options
    Can you cook up a bunch of it and leave it in the fridge and dip out what you need for the day? If so how long can it stay in the fridge?
  • strick1982
    Options
    I like it simple. Steel cut oats, water, chia seed, ground flax seed, cinnamon, and PB2.
  • Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon, nutmeg... crushed pecans :bigsmile: :bigsmile: Yummi
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I either eat flavored oatmeal or if its plain, add brown sugar or cinnamon, and sliced strawberries.
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    yogurt covered raisins, chopped pecans, cocoa powder
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Lately I've had it with chocolate chips, almonds and coconut. But I'm just not that fond of oatmeal!
  • dylanmartinbrady
    dylanmartinbrady Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reduced fat peanutbutter, cinnamon, sweetner and unsweetened almond milk. I put some fruit on there occasionally.
  • BananaCat83
    BananaCat83 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    1/2c oats microwaved with 1c water, 3min.
    Cinnamon, brown sugar, and sliced strawberries
  • Timmmy40
    Timmmy40 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I blend steel cut oats in my smoothie everyday. I like the crunch of it. Sometimes I mash it up and then put it in the blender. Plain old oatmeal doesn't bother me.
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I don't find it boring. I have it with a scoop of protien powder. Or "proatmeal" - got the idea from back when I did INSANITY, as it's in the elite nutrition book that comes with the kit.

It's pretty interesting really, as i'll be getting strawberry oats or chocolate. If i'm having it without protein I usually have a teaspoon of agave nectar in it. I really don't get bored of it.
  • Last2bfirst
    Last2bfirst Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Almond Milk, Vanilla Whey Protein (Muscle Milk) and Blueberries
  • framingsammie
    framingsammie Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Today I made mine with unsweetened almond milk and topped it with natural peanut butter, reduced sugar strawberry jam, raspberries and strawberries. :)
  • margiethinner
    margiethinner Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup quick oats
    3/4 cup water
    1 banana
    1 tsp sugar
    cut up banana, put in bowl, top with oatmeal and water, nuke 4 minutes sprinkle sugar on top... yum yum
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I don't eat this often, but I LOVE steel cut oats soaked overnight (1 cup oats to 4 cups 1% milk makes a large batch)...then cooked on the stovetop with a little bit of brown sugar and cinnamon at the end. Sometimes we add Craisins. It's more of a treat breakfast, but still good for you.