Resting heart rate

Options
One of my favorite things to track is my resting heart rate; even if inches and scale numbers aren't moving, it's so cool to see that move downward. As of this morning, pre coffee, I'm at 47 bpm. Anyone else finding theirs down?

Replies

• SwitzEngine
    SwitzEngine Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Good on you to take care about your heart.

My mother had a stroke 6 years ago. This together with my accident made me worry. I read a lot and got aware of the blood pressure and it's good and bad.

At this time mine was 145/90 with a resting heart rate of 90

I started with daily 1 hour workout .

My bp is now 128/82 and my rhr is 62 (I'm 89 kg and 6.0)

Keep on doing the great work.
  • heis4u2004
    heis4u2004 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 50 bpm. I like having my heart rate monitor around. Being aware of your heart rate can also keep you from over-training your body. I know what my limit is when working out.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Mine has reduced from 84 to around 62.
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great progress!

The more I run, the more my resting heart rate falls as well. It is a nice feeling
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Haven't checked as Polar is not working but was lower 60s previously.
  • STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    After a couple of days of rest after a hard run my heart rate is down to 45-47 in the morning. After a long run (Sundays) it tends to be up to around 55-60 as my body recovers. Although losing weight probably helped to reduce my heart rate, so did the cardio work I did prior to picking up running again.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    That's a really low resting heart rate. Mine just reached 60 bpm but I'm also tall at 6'4" so my heart must work a little harder.
  • glenelliott5872
    glenelliott5872 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Mine dropped too. I used to have a resting of 65 to 70. I started cycling to help burn to extra calories. My resting heart rate is any where from 45 to 50. and I am 6 ft tall.
  • mzielinskim
    mzielinskim Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My Resting Heart Rate is as low as 42. Some Years ago i rode bicycle races of about 100 km... Also im not in shape anymore my Resting Heartrate stayed very low...
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My RHR is about 35-39 BPM
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!