Daily Weigh Ins

Options
Hey I'm new to MFP so idk if there's already a post on this, but I think it'd be a great idea if we posted our weight on here, however often you weight yourself, maybe weekly, every other day, or daily? just whenever you weigh yourself to post your weight on here, to keep one another motivated :smile: anyone interested?

Replies

• JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Just Fyi, many people find the scale to be somewhat evil. Maybe they are in a plateau, or they are focusing more on fitness and button over what the scale reports. Not saying you can't do it if it helps keep you accountable, but you can also do the same thing with your MFP friends on your home page. Every time you record your weight, it will make a statement of you lost weight and how many pounds lost to date. Anyway, glad to see you here, best of luck!!
  • Reaching135
    Options
    Yeah I weigh daily but drives me crazy so I think I'll try every other day, I hate to wait a week to see if I've lost or didn't budge at all. I see what you're saying and I agree. oh that's cool that it shows up on your page!! I'll just do that.
    Thanks for your advice and luck :happy:
  • grandmamere
    grandmamere Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've started weighing my self twice a week: Wednesdays and Sundays this helps me to be held accountable especially on the weekend :bigsmile:
  • cadaverousbones
    cadaverousbones Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once or twice a week, in the AM and after using the restroom. It is usually not a good idea to weigh daily since your weight fluctuates a lot. Whenever you weigh in on MFP it posts it to your profile for you automatically.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Daily at first, and I'm thankful I did... If you log it in MFP too, you'll start to see a pattern emerging after a while, you'll know how your body works, and when you can expect to lose weight or gain a bit.

Now that I know the pattern, I typically only weigh myself every day the week when I know I'm due to lose weight, and so far I've always been right.
  • slesommer
    Options
    I weigh once a week, every Tuesday first thing in the morning. I find my weight just fluctuates too much to get anything meaningful out of daily weigh in sna seeing that I'm not loosing weight upsets me and then I crash and burn and over eat.
  • Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    I do daily-ish weighing at the moment purely to keep me focused. I don't weight every day because I'll only weigh in the morning after all business has been done *coff* before I get dressed. It's generally every 2-3 days. At the moment it's working for me because I'm right at the beginning, again, and so am seeing some small consistent losses. And on the odd day where it doesn't move or goes up slightly I don't panic.

As I kick in with the strength training I'll become less focused on weight and more on measurements.

Good luck :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    As has been said, I've heard weight fluctuates so much with water and hormones and life that daily weigh ins can make a lot of people neurotic, and once or twice a week is generally best (I record a weigh-in once a week even if I weigh myself more often). If anyone is interested, I've done challenges with friends where we set a weigh in day each week to check in and it's been a nice accountability check on a more individual basis than the general posting. Good luck all.
  • BrianHigh
    BrianHigh Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    In my opinion for true weight loss weigh every two weeks, in the morning before you had anything to drink it or eat. Little things like how much water you drank the day before , can cause you to weigh different. Two weeks is a good amount of time to see a trend .