82 lbs in 11 months *Progress Pics*

Options
I've worked hard and now I have a lot of progress to show for it. I saw pics from my last vacation in June of 2012 and decided I had let go long enough and it was time to change. I started with a simple goal. DO NOT WEIGH YOURSELF UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30TH. I set this goal because mentally I've broken down in the gym because of not seeing enough progress. I started with the treadmill because I had tried outdoor running and it was too much on my shins. I used Ease in to 5k on my android and kept at it. I also played basketball after work and joined a volleyball team to try and stay more active.

I changed my eating habits completely as well. I completely minimized my portions to the smallest possible and made my diet consist of greens and light homemade sandwiches. By September 30th I had dropped 23 pounds, putting me at 305. I hadn't been that light since 2007. I also did my first 5k race, which was an obstacle course. Dirty 30, I stopped and helped a lot and did most of the obstacles and ended with an abysmal 1:23:00. I kept at it and kept at my couch to 5k program and did another 5k in November after dropping below 300lbs. My time on that race was 49:29. I had a goal at this point and it was to get under 40 minutes on a 5k. I kept working and proceeded to run a 38:49 in February in the biting wind.

By this point we had found out we were having a baby girl in June so I added to my goal of doing at least 10 5k's before she was born and getting sub 34 on a race. On June 7th I ran a charity race for the Moore tornado victims and ran a 33:44, achieving my goal and completely my 10 race goal. June 24th came and my daughter was born and I was down to 243. I'm back at work now and have been back in to my running and workout routine. Throughout this year I have learned a lot about my body and different ways to help myself when running and exercising. I have a new goal to not weigh myself until the end of August b/c my wife is working out with me now to lose her baby weight. Her goal was the same as mine in the beginning. To not weigh until the end of September. My final goal is to reach 220lbs, because at my peak that's how much I weighed and I was shredded.

0d6a911d-4f18-4ee9-b8a1-472f366fc1c7.jpg

Replies

• VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    AMAZING progress.
    Congrats on your baby girl and your incredible success.
  • AMHouse85
    AMHouse85 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all your wonderful progress. Way to make goals and get it done. Setting a great example for you new little girl.
  • tlou5
    tlou5 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Good job-
  • ADRsmama
    ADRsmama Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Great job, you look wonderful!
    Also, congrats on your new baby girl. :)
  • ninamarie486
    ninamarie486 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! You inspire me for motivation! I have given up on everything I have tried and I am a pretty active person. I also have a goal of running an entire 5k instead of stopping every couple minutes to walk for 20. Keep up the great work and congratulations on your baby girl!
  • classictoaster
    Options
    Awesome progress - you have a lot to show for your hard work. Congrats on everything and your new baby girl! (:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Awesome man!
  • LeslieN65
    LeslieN65 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!! Congrats to you for the loss and the sweet baby too:-)
  • lovejulez03
    lovejulez03 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You've done absolutely fantastic, good for you!!
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!!! Look how you are wearing your T shirt, it is not wearing you now :smile:

Congrats on your baby girl and I am sure your wife will lose that post baby weight with you as an inspiration.

Well done!!!
  • jedgarner11
    jedgarner11 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    you have done very well, I cant wait to post my own
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Great job and keep up the good work, dude!
    (fellow Okie)
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! Keep it up, you are doing a fantasitc job.
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Super! :smile:
  • IWillBeSlim35
    IWillBeSlim35 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow! Amazing job.
    Keep up the good work ????????
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your work so far! :flowerforyou:
    May you reach your final goal by Christmas!
    Your daughter will never see a fat daddy! :smile:

Speaking as an older woman with arthritic knees:
    take care of your legs--that is an awful amount of
    strain you've been putting on them by running 5Ks. :explode:
    When you're older--ouch.
  • lazerbirdgirl
    Options
    You look great!
    I used to run, but now when I attempt outdoor running, I get shin splits (very frustrating!).. Does treadmill running help?
  • DJKrafty
    Options
    I started on treadmill and moving to outdoor was rough. I went to a lot of clinics and did a lot of research online. I use full compression socks, roll my left with a roller before and after every time, and found a lot of stretches to do to help. I'm starting to get them again because I have been out of running for a few weeks. Stretches help a lot, compression socks made a huge difference and shoes are the biggest factor. We have a local running store called red coyote and they help figure out your gait and what kind of shoes are good for your style of running.

Now, when I try treadmill, it's more painful and awkward than outside.
  • blah2989
    blah2989 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Really good job and congratulations on your baby girl!
  • RunningForeverMama
    RunningForeverMama Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Great progress!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!