Chicken & Broccoli Braid

Options
I made this today and it was delicious! It's a crescent roll stuffed with chicken and broccoli,but gives you the opportunity to stuff it with WHATEVER you want!

The ingredients I used made for 488 calories a serving and served 4.

The recipe is here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/inskydiamonds/view/saturday-september-18-chicken-and-broccoli-braid-488-calorie-meal-41360

IMG_3377.jpg

Replies

• MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Yum!
  • cmw72
    cmw72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing! I'll have to give it a try.
  • Hughes39
    Options
    looks very yummy !
  • ymamyma
    ymamyma Posts: 227
    Options
    I know I commented on your blog, but I'm bumping this so I remember to make it!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I have made this before it is very good
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    It really looks yummy. From Australia I am not sure what you mean when you say crescent roll. Is it like a Croissant? I suppose if I can't find something similar here I could use filo pastry and make it like a parcel :-)
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    Options
    It really looks yummy. From Australia I am not sure what you mean when you say crescent roll. Is it like a Croissant? I suppose if I can't find something similar here I could use filo pastry and make it like a parcel :-)

Filo pastry will definitely work!

In America the crescent rolls come in a tube like this: 300_143832.jpg and when made to be crescent rolls look like this: IMG_6897-cressentroll.JPG
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    This looks amazing!
  • lonypony
    lonypony Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Wow they look really good on their own. We don't have anything like that here except for very buttery and high calorie french croissants. These look more pastry/bread dough like. Thanks for sharing :smile:
  • Raynedancer
    Raynedancer Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmm...I just have to Bump this ;)
  • beccabeccac
    beccabeccac Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That looks awesome. I've made something similar using homemade french bread dough (which has a little less fat than the crescent rolls, but takes 3 hours to make), and filling it with sandwich meat and cheese. I'll definitely have to try this version. Thanks for the post.
  • precioustypeoflove
    Options
    bump
  • hartsmart
    hartsmart Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    looks like a 'chicken wellington'!! :) i HAVE to try this one!:love:
  • Fit4Vet
    Fit4Vet Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    bump