Insanity Day 1

Options
Hi all! Im new to myfitnesspal--finally decided to go for the 60 days seriously. Tried it about a year ago exactly but gave into old temptations two weeks in, making it ever the more difficult and quit with two days to go before month two. I am dedicating myself to it this time around and am going all the way! Im ready to dig deeper and though i am giving my gut the time it needs to digest i have the lingering feeling i will puke again after my fit test, or if anything after pure cardio tmrw. Fingers crossed!

Replies

• No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Insanity is really difficult and takes a lot of mental toughness. Don't let it bother you even if you don't get through it this time.

Where you really went wrong was giving up on mfp when you give up on insanity.

Honestly, no matter what your doing, weight loss is 95% about what you do and don't eat.

Assuming weight loss is a goal
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    oh and if you throw up, that just means your a hard worker.

if you throw up and you keep going anyway, your a badass
  • Jerijoh
    Jerijoh Posts: 107
    Options
    oh and if you throw up, that just means your a hard worker.

if you throw up and you keep going anyway, your a badass

Hahahah AWESOME!
  • awesomeshark
    Options
    I also plan on starting today and I'm determined to complete the challenge. Good luck!
  • Jesskeepmoving
    Jesskeepmoving Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have started Insanity before and fell short and stop counting calories. I am starting again today also. So today is my Day 1 as well. Want to keep eachother accountable?:smile:
  • No_Finish_Line
    Options
    i've done insanity at least 4 times.

Someone once said something to me that honestly did make the workouts a little easier, or at least change my perspective of them so they seemed less daunting.

'Just make it through the warm up'.

Honestly, the warm IS the hardest part. its the only part where you're strongly encouraged NOT to take breaks, and its like 8 or 9 min long (i think).

Really if you just think to yourself "im just going to kill the warm up and then mail the rest in", the preworkout hour is less intimidating lol. and the odds of you actually mailing it in after you've busted a sweet during the warm up are pretty low if you're like me.

Even if you did dog the entire workout, its better then quiting.

Also, if your affraid you might quit, have a back plan. Like if you quite then have a running program or lifting program already picked out that your going to fall back on if you desided your done with insanity. in that case theres really no health/weight loss draw back to quiting.