?how do you eat your oatmeal?

Options

Replies

• KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I make a fruit smoothie in the morning and add 1/2c of oats. It makes me feel fuller longer. Totally works for me. All the benefits none of the flavor.
  • shayleac
    shayleac Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I put a scoop of peanut butter in it.
    Also, cook banana slices or peaches in a frying pan with coconut oil and put it on top.
    Then pumpkin pie spice. So good.
  • gpizzy
    gpizzy Posts: 171
    Options
    could be a repeat, but you can add:
    dark chocolate chips & peanut butter
    any flavor of jam
    bananas, brown sugar, cinnamon
    just brown sugar, or just cinnamon
    apples, brown sugar, cinnamon *yum*
    blueberries, strawberries, raspberries etc! These are great because they're still in season although ending soon
  • luckynky
    luckynky Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats plus one tablespoon unsweetened coconut. 5-6 mornings out of 7.
  • blgerig
    blgerig Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I usually make 1 cup steel cut oats on the stove at the beginning of the week. Makes 4 servings.

Some combos I like:

Blueberry + coconut
    Peanut butter + banana
    Maple syrup (stirred granola in after reheating for some crunch)
    Also have heard of people mixing cold oatmeal with yogurt and fruit!
  • Happy_10yr
    Happy_10yr Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    My oatmeal is instant organic

I add a bit of sugar :)
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    This morning I added dark chocolate chips, walnut pieces, chopped nuts, dried cherries and salt. I topped with almond butter, quark and butterscotch syrup. Delicious!

I usually use some combination of nuts, seeds, chocolate chips, spices and fruit. Always have it with quark and almond butter (a teaspoonful), and top with something sweet like jam, syrup, honey, etc. I used to always have it plain (cooked with water and salt), but I've developed a sweet tooth while dieting!

All these ingredients are easy to go overboard with so I have to be careful with portion sizes (4 or 5 chocolate chips, a nut or two, a few seeds, etc.)
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I chop up some walnuts and add those and a handful of blueberries. That way you are getting a whole lot of good nutrition. I also do a sprinkle of cinnamon.
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Oats cooked in water then mixed with vanilla protein. After that I usually mix in some dried berries.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    Steel cut oats
    1/4 cup of almonds
    10 -15 blue berries
    banana
    agave syrup
    cinnamon

It's so good. I never tire of it
  • rsalty
    rsalty Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    When I get bored of oats with whatever fruit I have on hand, I have been known to make it a little different to mix it up: 1/2 c oats, tablespoon cornmeal for texture, one egg (stirred in while cooking), one tablespoon butter, black pepper to taste. Sometimes dandelion greens, generally only in the spring when they taste best though.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup oats cooked in water
    a dash of milk
    cinnamon
    raisins
  • staryful7
    staryful7 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I add peanut butter to mine and love it. Sometimes I also add nuts, cinnamon, raisins sometimes. I eat oatmeal everyday at work. Mainly with the peanut butter really. Keeps me full. I just Natural Peter Pan.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I recently switched to eating the oats dry, mixed with a Greek yogurt. I'm never going back, its my favorite snack.

oh that sounds interesting. I think I might try that. Yum thanks for the idea
  • Frances_C17
    Frances_C17 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I always eat my oats cold in the summer.
    I mix them with a splash of water or a freshly squeezed orange and a load of low fat greek yogurt, top with frozen fruit and leave to soak overnight in the fridge. In the morning I'll add some pumpkin seeds or toasted almonds. It takes 2 minutes to prepare the night before and keeps fresh for a couple of days.
    I eat it nearly every day and don't get bored because I change the type of fruit and nuts. I sometimes add a scoop of vanilla protein powder if I need the extra protein.
  • mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    ½ cup steel cut oats
    ½ cup almond milk (unsweetened)
    ¼ cup blueberries (or any frozen fruit would be good)
    1 oz honey or sorghum
    2 oz greek honey

I like overnight oats personally so I’ll mix up 4-5 mason jars at a time and throw in the fridge for at least overnight.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have oatmeal every morning. I prepare it as the directions say, on the stop top.My go-to is hemp hearts and a banana. Other variations: raisins, hemp hearts and cinnamon, hemp hearts and apples with cinnamon. Mmm!
  • leahgoldgirl
    leahgoldgirl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I usually add berries or dried cherries, cinnamon and almonds, but there are also baked oatmeal cup recipes online that are pretty awesome.
  • teddabod
    teddabod Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Every morning, I take a scoop of my protein powder, one packet of Quaker original oatmeal, and just mix it all up in hot hot water.

I go NOM NOM NOM and make a lot of mouth noises when I eat it.
  • karaheys
    Options
    I use instant oats, prepared with water...then add in a little brown sugar, golden raisins and dried cranberries. That's it. Delicious!