Low Calorie Dinner

Options
ShallenF
ShallenF Posts: 4 Member
Hi guys! I need some low calorie dinner recipes. Or maybe sub ingredients in some favorite dinners. Any ideas?!

Replies

• srenea9
    srenea9 Posts: 142
    Options
    I love taco salads. Use salsa as dressing. Mine averages around 280-350 calories, depends on toppings.

Soup is also a great one. Make a huge pot with chicken, beans tons of veggies.
  • ShallenF
    Options
    Lots of people have lots of dinner ideas (you can search this topic to find them) but if you want them more tailored, you may want to provide more specifics--what is low calorie to you? Under 500? What kind of food do you like? What are the "favorite dinners" you'd like some substitutes for?

People here are happy to help, it's just that youre question is a little broad.

Yeah, you are right about that! Anything under 400 calories, and dinners like spaghetti, chicken pot pie, hamburgers, things like that. I am open to any and all ideas!
  • ShallenF
    Options
    Thanks! That is going to help a lot!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! I need some low calorie dinner recipes. Or maybe sub ingredients in some favorite dinners. Any ideas?!

Make your fav recipes, eat a smaller portion. Boom calories lowered
  • jr235
    jr235 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I just had a smoothie for dinner with 200ml light activia laban, 150g strawberries, 1 egg quite, and 1/2 a chocolate bar for dessert because I decided instead of cooking I would prefer to go for an extra long run.

If you like spaghetti try subbing about 1/3 of the noodles for julienned zucchini, and if you're feeling really adventurous throw some carrots, squash, bell pepper, and whatever other veggies your heart desires in there. Really though, if you're only subbing about a 1/3 you won't even notice that some of your noodles are in fact zucchini.
  • ShallenF
    Options
    Wow, those are all great!!! I really appreciate the feedback!