Sleep apps

Options
I see them around some people use them some people don't... are they good for tracking weight loss?? I feel so stupid at times lol

Replies

• mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    LOL! I read that as Sheep apps at first. Seriously, I use one for my iPhone called Relax by Glenn Harrold. It has a free 20 minute sampler and I've been pleased but it doesn't have tracking ability. It's strictly hypnotic.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I track my sleep with an Android app (SleepTime) and also with my newish Fitbit. When I was really fat some seven months ago I had sleep apnoea, would wake up numerous times during the night, and, according to my wife, snored like a hippo. Since losing a chunk of weight I like the confirmation tracking gives me that I am sleeping much better, and less, I average between 6 and 7 hours now, and rarely waking up. Apparently I now snore "like a rabbit"!! Progress indeed.......... :laugh:
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Not sure if I've missed something here...?

I'm going to say no. No they're not.

I'd stick with dedicated weight-loss apps if I were you!
  • jonesdav254
    jonesdav254 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I have used a couple of the sleep apps (Mindifi Sleep/Relax), Sound Sleep, & Sleep Time. Neither of these have elements for tracking weight loss that I'm aware of.

On the general topic of Sleep apps....

Mindifi is very good for helping guide me to sleep when certain situations occur (injury, insomnia, anxious, etc). It's a guided relaxation similar to a mild hypnosis.

Sleep Time is very different and helps track my sleep cycle such that the alarm goes off when I'm in a light sleep as opposed to a moderate or deep sleep. This is supposed to limit grogginess that can occur if waking during a time of deep sleep.

I've only used the Sound Sleep app a couple of times so I can't really comment much on it.
  • griffith5150
    Options
    Okay thanks for the clarification regarding the sleep apps!