Best time of day to weigh?

Options
Hi! When is the best time to weigh yourself? When are you at your heaviest? I seem to be lightest in the morning, should I weigh myself when I get home from work?

Thanks!

Kiwi
:ohwell:

Replies

• Mangoose
    Options
    It doesn't really matter when, as long as it's consistently at the same time of day.

Morning is the easiest because you get up, you're wearing little (or none!) and it's a bit quicker.

Downside is that in winter, cold bathroom floors + being naked = BRRRRRRRR!
  • amandabrady
    amandabrady Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    An easy time is in the morning, after you go to the bathroom, before you eat your breakfast. Depending on your daily routine, I think morning weigh ins are good because you can keep it pretty consistent. The longer you wait into the day, the more you eat, drink, and so on. Like others say it doesn't really matter as long as you pick the same time every time!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself in the mornings......but I weigh less (99% of the time) between 11am-noon than I do when I first get up at 7-8am.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    Morning is definitely the best time of day. You will always weigh roughly a kilo more at the end of the day than at the start xxx
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    I always weigh first thing in the morning, no clothes, before water with pills, before food.

My challenge is not weighing every day. A nutritionist told me I should not become dependent on the scale. Well, I know I am because I really like that little emotional boost when it tells me I've lost a pound or a half-pound. She encourages me to at least weigh every OTHER day, and is hoping I'll get to the point of a weekly weigh-in. Right now that seems impossible, as I've just started this weight loss program and I love seeing the progress.
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I weigh always early in morning when I first get up. Due to I build up with fluids later in day which I usually weigh more...
  • KiwiGullixson
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Great advice!

Since I am just starting I was shocked at the 4lbs difference from an evening weigh 2 days ago, to this morning.

I will weigh every few days, in the morning, be consistent, and not obsess! thanks! Kiwi
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I must be abnormal or something coz I weigh more in the mornings, think I retain water overnight!!! I always weigh in the afternoon, but not everyday.
    Tx
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Morning definitely. After you use the restroom, before you take a shower, and completely naked. :)