Is this normal

Options
Ok so I have gotten myself back on track to loose fat while I am working on my strength training and cardio to try to feel better about the way I look. I have gotten the information to know what I need my calorie defecit to be and am trying to stay in that range while eating foods that give me what I need so I stay healthy as well. I am not in to protein powders, I tried them and they made me feel crappy so I stopped using them. Today I had a shake that I made up last night that had a lot of good stuff, granola and spinach and fruit and almonds, I also had an apple with peanut butter and have drank about 35 oz of water. But I feel really boated right now and I don't know if it is because the food I am eating is making me full which is what is suppose to happen. I think it is normal but not sure and what is good to get protein from for breakfast that is good because I know I need a lot of protein?

Replies

• happywithme12
    happywithme12 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    If you're suddenly eating a lot of high fiber foods that you're not used to eating, it's going to take your body a few days to adjust to that, and, yes, you might feel bloated. Drink lots of water (more fiber + not enough water = even more bloating plus constipation) and keep going and see if you feel better in a few days.

For breakfast, eggs/egg whites are great. I used to make a sandwich with a high fiber english muffin, an egg or two egg whites, and a slice of ham or some bacon if I was feeling saucy, and then a slice of cheese (usually reduced fat). High protein, high fiber, moderate fat....yum yum, and filled me up for hours; I stopped eating it just because I ate it EVERY work day for breakfast for about 4.5 years, lol. You can make mini quiches to grab and go or veggie omelets, too.
  • fromnebraska
    fromnebraska Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what is making you feel bloated. Are you drinking a lot more water than usual?

Also, I have to ask if you're vegan/vegetarian since you didn't list any animal products as things you've eaten today?
  • happywithme12
    Options
    If you're suddenly eating a lot of high fiber foods that you're not used to eating, it's going to take your body a few days to adjust to that, and, yes, you might feel bloated. Drink lots of water (more fiber + not enough water = even more bloating plus constipation) and keep going and see if you feel better in a few days.

For breakfast, eggs/egg whites are great. I used to make a sandwich with a high fiber english muffin, an egg or two egg whites, and a slice of ham or some bacon if I was feeling saucy, and then a slice of cheese (usually reduced fat). High protein, high fiber, moderate fat....yum yum, and filled me up for hours; I stopped eating it just because I ate it EVERY work day for breakfast for about 4.5 years, lol. You can make mini quiches to grab and go or veggie omelets, too.

the small quiches sound really good, with peppers and mushrooms and all that. maybe i will make that for tomorrow and see how that goes and have some granola for snack or something. I really need to see what my dr thinks about what i should be eating and not eating to see what he thinks, thanks for the advise i will try that
  • happywithme12
    Options
    I'm not sure what is making you feel bloated. Are you drinking a lot more water than usual?

Also, I have to ask if you're vegan/vegetarian since you didn't list any animal products as things you've eaten today?

no i eat all meats but i try not to eat them until dinner unless it is chicken or fish which i do eat when i can, i know meat has a lot of protein but i try not to eat to much of it because i am trying to cut as much fat as i can as well