Netflix watch instantly workout videos

Options
I've noticed that netflix has some workouts videos available to watch instantly. seems like it could be a great way to get in an impromptu workout when I don't feel like hitting the gym or the pavement.

So... has anyone used any of these workouts? Any recommendations? Any really terrible ones to avoid?!

Replies

• 623Hernandez
    Options
    That is awesome!!!! I will sooooo check that out when I have time! Thanks for the seggestion!!!!!!
  • StacLegg
    StacLegg Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    netflix just sent us the dvd to put in the wii and use netflix on our tv, I will have to check this out!!!! thanks for letting me know !! I will check it out sometime!! =) hope they aren't too cheesy........
  • ppennington
    Options
    Didn't know about that. Thanks for the info. Will check it out.
  • gibsons
    Options
    I had never even thought to look there - but what a great idea. And if you have a wii, you can stream them directly to your TV. Thanks for pointing this out - now I want to go check them out.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    We get Comcast cable, workouts on Fit Channel, also ON DEMAND FOR those who like different instructors on your time table.[schedule]
  • angiereid
    Options
    i've used quite a few i can't think of the names right off hand i'd have to look on my account and write them down but there was a lot of 10 min ones like kickboxing, abs,pilates, yoga and if you don't like it just remove it from your que no biggie your not paying for it, it's a win win. also a good idea for those who are not sure if they would like certain fitness videos if is not on watch instantly then rent it i can keep mine as long as i want use it for awhile if you really like it you know it might be something you wanna buy if not atleast you didn't waste the money. that's what i did with jillian michaels 30 day shred before i bought it and now just waiting for the shred it with weights.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I didn't know they had that! I'll be checking that out!
  • rosef17
    Options
    I have gotten DVDs to try out to decide if I want to buy - we have been in a spurt of ordering Two and A Half Men starting with season 1 so I have not noticed they have instants on the exercise. I did wind up buying Biggest Loser Power Sculpt I like that one and my 16-year-old son also does that one regularly - he did not change his eating habits at all (typical teenager!) and lost 10 pounds in about 6 weeks just from doing that and the stationery bike. I have wii will check that disk out too!
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    We have it for the Xbox 360 so can stream it on the TV. I have added some but haven't tried them yet. They have more yoga/pilates available for instant watch, a few cardio and strength ones. Its nice to try different things though!
  • mamaDaisyJ
    Options
    The majority of workout videos I do are Netflix instant play. There is a series of videos from 'Crunch' that are awesome... at least in my opinion. Most are cardio based with some targetting.
    I did the Fat Burning Pilates today, and I really think its my favorite, got a dude playing drums and he keeps great beat with the moves. There is a cardio session, then they do some matwork, but yea, its my favorite. Lots of calories burned and I feel like I've worked the muscles :)
  • sandra80
    sandra80 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    i do the pick your level weight loss pilates video there a lot. also i do the crunch salsa video. I've done others but those two are my favorites.
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Wow! What an amazing idea! I can't believe I never thought of it! I'm doing it now, if I find a good one, I'll post!
  • MTDork87
    Options
    Self: Bikini Ready, Fast!

I know we're exiting Bikini season but it had some great arm stuff, wasn't too intense but definitely challenging (especially with 5lb weights) and the ab work was standing which is awesome for people like me who don't have a mat at home. Also, it wasn't ridiculously perky and the girls in it weren't terribly intimidating. A good 1/2 hour spent.
  • lyssarowan
    lyssarowan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I was doing the Crunch: Candlelight Yoga quite a bit. It's not a strenuous workout, but there's a lot of great stretching and it's really relaxing - it's what I used on non-running days.

Kind of in an exercise slump at the moment because of runner's knee and an LCL strain, but I can't wait to get back!