FFL Draft Pick

Options
CookNLift
CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
Alright I have my fantasy football draft pick tonight with some friends of mine. This is my first time doing a FFL draft and I'm not good with names but I'll have a couple references to look at.

What are some must have picks / advice you could offer?

What is a good order pick, I know running backs first and kickers last but aside from that I'm a noob.

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Adrian Peterson.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    You could auto draft for your first time. I mean we could suggest people all day long but if Aaron Rodgers is the top QB pick and you don't go forst in line he will be gone quick same with Adrian Peterson. I would get to reading and familiarize yourself.
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    You could auto draft for your first time. I mean we could suggest people all day long but if Aaron Rodgers is the top QB pick and you don't go forst in line he will be gone quick same with Adrian Peterson. I would get to reading and familiarize yourself.

ive got a few ffl mags i'm gonna reference with rankings / stats, the only thing I heard about QB's is that they're not the highest point builders since there are so many good ones. and that the running backs are the ones I really want. Which I don't know any names of haha
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    it all depends on when you pick i say if you can take AP
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    depends on your league scoring, but most likely go for RBs first then WR...go for a QB around round 4..and kicker is last.
  • Power_Man77
    Options
    QBs and WRs are deep this year. So find a RB. AP may be gone so better check into you second choice.
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

ive got a few ffl mags i'm gonna reference with rankings / stats, the only thing I heard about QB's is that they're not the highest point builders since there are so many good ones. and that the running backs are the ones I really want. Which I don't know any names of haha

Adrian Peterson
    Arian Foster
    Ray Rice

thos would be my personal top choices
  • K_Serz
    K_Serz Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    If this is your first draft this year get on over to ESPN.com and start doing some mock drafts NOW.

Its better to screw up 50 mock drafts than 1 REAL one.
  • STEELWILLiam
    Options
    I would definitely go Adrian Peterson if you end up with first pick. It kind of depends on your leagues scoring on who you should draft if AP is gone. If your league is a Points Per Catch league than Calvin Johnson is a great pick. If you don't play in a PPC league then you would definitely want to go RB in the first round. Peterson, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Doug Martin, and Marshawn Lynch are all good 1st round running backs in my opinion. Another one I think might be good, but there is a little more risk is Jamaal Charles. Good luck tonight.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    Alright I have my fantasy football draft pick tonight ...

first piece of advice...dont say " i have my fantasy football draft pick tonight." just say "i have my fantasy football draft" "my fantasy draft" or "my draft" tonight. :)
  • stephendamour
    Options
    I have pick ten this year in a ten team league.
    I am going RB,RB, RB, QB.

In most mocks I have done it looks like Alfried Morris, Chris Johnson, David Wilson, and Kaepernick.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options

In most mocks I have done it looks like Alfried Morris, Chris Johnson, David Wilson, and Kaepernick.

can you start 3 RBs? if not then dont take a backup that early.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    also- when its your turn to choose, be aware of when your players "bye" weeks are. You dont want all your players sitting the same week.
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    it's hard to say since it's so early in pre season. Take RBs early, QB can wait until 4th - 5th round. K and Def take in the last 2 rounds. If you get a rush on people taking RBs or WRs, then you go the other way.... If RBs you take a WR and vice versa. If you go to CBS Sports you'll be able to print out the top 200 players as of today or the weekend, that should help you. good luck to ya

a few RB you can look at (in no order) Foster, Charles, CJ Spiller, Lynch, Doug Martin, Richardson, -- this assumes you don't have the first pick
    WRs Calvin johnson, Bryant, AJ Green

good player to take in 6-7th round is a TY Hilton, WR for Colts
  • johnlatv
    johnlatv Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    also- when its your turn to choose, be aware of when your players "bye" weeks are. You dont want all your players sitting the same week.

i am sorry i couldn't disagree more... if you have a good player or what you think is a sleeper player and your team all sitting at the same bye week, that is only one loss, i say risk it and go for that player and win other weeks and take that loss. You'll always have guys getting hurt or who aren't playing and you can drop them and pick up a guy off waivers to fill in. Your league/team will change during the year. You want to take the best player at the time.
  • stephendamour
    Options

can you start 3 RBs? if not then dont take a backup that early.

Yes as your flex.