Rant about Carrots

Options
Seriously love BABY CARROTS. They are my GO TO snack in the afternoon with Hummus as they fill me up and have fiber. Now that i've been diagnosed with PCOS I'm reducing the carbs that i eat in a day. 25 baby carrots have 31g of Carbs! Seriously WHY!!! Love these little guy. Should I give them up?

Replies

• SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    Sorry Honey. That's what makes them so sweet. Hit your non-starchy vegetables instead.
  • glin23
    glin23 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I love carrots and I'm lucky that as long as the calories fit, I can eat them
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    I love carrots too last week someone was complaining about carrots but that means more for me and you!
  • Birder150
    Birder150 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I had baby carrots and hummus today. :smile:
    If I had PCOS, I'd consider eliminating other carbs before I took out the baby carrots.
    Bread for instance or processed snacks.
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    I can't have hummus since on weight watchers its to many points. Once my weight watchers is over I am going to take MFP more seriously. For now I just use it as support and the scanner is X 10 better then weight watchers scanner. I love that MFP is free!
  • Morn66
    Morn66 Posts: 96
    Options
    They're root vegetables. All root vegetables are high in sugar/starch. Because they're, you know, roots. :) Carrots, turnips, beets, parsnips, rutabagas, etc. All of 'em pack a carb/sugar punch. That's the nature of 'em. (Which is good for me because my medical condition favors a high carb/low protein/moderate fat diet. Yay!) Like the other poster suggested, you could always cut out other things in favor of your baby carrots. Unless you like those things even better than you like your baby carrots, that is. Life is a balancing act.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    Maybe throw some celery sticks in with your carrots, and have some without having too many.
  • QuilterInVA
    QuilterInVA Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Carrots and root vegetables are vegtables. They are classified as starchy vegetables. 3 ounces of carrots is 35 calories, not 35 carbs. It's more like 8. Check the database and get the facts.