Should I stick with slimming world or calorie count??

Options
Hey guys just wondering what your thoughts are, should i stick with slimming world or turn to calorie counting?

I did slimming world last year an lost a stone

i have however put tht and more back on

i am now back on track but which would be better?

If i was to calorie count how many calories should i have a day?

Replies

• CantStopWontStop92
    CantStopWontStop92 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I think if you've already gained that weight back on that program, it may not be the best route for you. Generally I think those meal plans are a good start, they give you a glimpse of what is most likely healthier portions than what you'd been eating, however they aren't good for long term.

Calorie counting is a solid tool to make the most of your workouts and meals, it really makes you honestly assess your eating habits. I have different goals than you, but I've loved how calorie counting has given me an objective sense of accountability for my nutrition. I can't say how many you should be intaking (we'd need your metrics) but I can assure you it's more than 1200! I'm 20 and 5'6'' maintaining between 1400 and 1600. Omnomnom:) Don't starve yourself!

Sorry for the rambling, but I hope that helps! Feel free to message me if there's anything else I can do to help
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    It looks like a program that's not too bad... I mean its not using shakes and crap for meal replacements and using more real foods, you could definitely use bits and pieces that you learned from this program last year (like recipes etc.) but it's amazing how much you learn when you take on this journey on your own...And even counting the calories in the foods your eating - it's an eye opener.

It depends on how much weight you want to lose, how quickly you want to lose it and how much exercise you do as to how mAny calories you consume daily...