Cotton Candy flavored grapes...?

Options
Has anyone ever heard of these, or tried them? My local Central Market carries these. They are actual grapes but they taste like cotton candy. I have NOT tried them, but it sounds tempting. They are cross pollinated with something that gives them a cotton candy flavor. Any thoughts?

Replies

• jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    holy moly
  • escape31
    escape31 Posts: 28
    Options
    lol and how many calories is this cotton candy grapes? This is just to funny!
  • Adirafox
    Adirafox Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I've always found grapes to be pretty sweet....I don't know that I've ever had a grape and said, "Gee, I wish this was sweeter."
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    make raisins out of them = skittles
  • ReneeReiser
    ReneeReiser Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I do believe this is the brand...

http://www.melissas.com/Products/Products/Cotton-Candy-Grapes.aspx

The website says 50 calories per 1/2 cup. Apparently Ryan Seacrest tried them on his show and liked them. I just can't imagine a grape tasting sweeter than it should.
  • Mytwogirls
    Mytwogirls Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it's artificial flavoring, isn't it? I've seen them in our store and I believe I read the ingredients and passed since it was added flavor.
  • brittany0859
    Options
    Sounds really good! I always like to rinse off my grapes and add a pack of sugar free jello (my favorite is black cherry) to coat them. So good!
  • Groovyca2022
    Groovyca2022 Posts: 21,378 Member
    Options
    I want some!
  • delia2
    delia2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm eating them as I type! They're amazing.. Expensive, but worth it if i can get hubby to eat them!! Nothing artificial about them, just selective crossbreeding similar to how nectarines are made.. Hard to find nutritional info on them tho.. Just reading 50cal per half cup.. But I prefer to weigh my food than measure.. Any idea how many grams is a half cup of grapes??
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Hmm.... I really like grape-flavored grapes. Why mess with perfection?
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I think it's artificial flavoring, isn't it? I've seen them in our store and I believe I read the ingredients and passed since it was added flavor.

No, check the link she posted. They are a hybrid, not artificial.
  • ParrosFan
    ParrosFan Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    A co-worker had some last week and I tried a few. They were good, but not enough to make me run out and buy then, I'll stick w/regular grapes.
  • Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Serving Size 1/2 cup: (85g).
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Maybe Monsanto put cotton candy DNA in them.
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I'd definitely try them. I do love cotton candy or should i say, used to.
  • minitygre
    Options
    You should all check out the grapery website. They are the ones that grow the product on a farm in Bakersfield. There are no additives to the flavor. So I don't know what are talking about in regards to what you read... Not to mention no ingrediants are on the packaging.. They are on the website. I love them since they first came out three years ago.
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I'm quite please with the current taste of grapes. Can't say I would want my grapes to start tasting like cotton candy.

I'm gonna pass on this one.

ETA: Wait, is there wine made out of these grapes yet? I'd never pass up a chance to try wine.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,992 Member
    Options
    Hmm.... I really like grape-flavored grapes. Why mess with perfection?
    I have pinot noir and baco noir vines with plenty of grapes growing on my arbor and couldn't for the life of me find cotton candy flavoring to be anything other than a joke conjured on society from a drug induced state from persons that have been locked in a lab too long.:happy:
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Maybe Monsanto put cotton candy DNA in them.

:laugh: and :cry:
  • bohomaze
    bohomaze Posts: 12
    Options
    Really? Now people needs to eat fruit that tastes like candy, not candy that 'tastes' like fruit?