nearly cried in the fitting room

sergeant771
sergeant771 Posts: 64
edited September 21 in Success Stories
Last March 12th I was wearing size 44" jeans (just barely). Co-workers were talking about this thing called 'My Fitness Pal' and my ears perked up. That day I started on MFP with the 'dream' of losing 65 pounds and weighing 220. I've now gone beyond those two goals and today I reached another goal; fitting into 34" jeans. I haven't worn 34x34 jeans since I was in my 20's (I just turned 58 this past week). I tried on three different pairs just to make sure it wasn't a fluke and bought all three pair. And yes, I nearly cried when I (comfortably) buttoned that first pair up.

MFP was the tool I needed to change my life. First I learned calorie accountability, nutrition, food choices, how to boost metabolism, and portion control. Then I joined a gym and signed up for several sessions with a personal trainer (money well spent). I remember well some particular words of encouragement he said to me when he had me doing some excercise I didn't like doing; ' You gotta do this if you want to be rock star! '. No, I don't want to be a rock star, but I wanted to reach those goals and those words of his still ring in my ears when I try talk myself out doing whatever hard thing I need to be doing, like getting out of bed early to go walking or to go swim laps.

I've got more goals to go, foremost of which is to maintain the MFP inspired lifestyle and thus keep the weight off. Still got a ways to go on the number of chin-ups I can do and need to go skydiving with my son.

I can only hope that any of you folks just discovering MFP that have any 'can it really help me? doubts reads this as I can assure you that it most certainty can. You just got to be true to it and true to yourself.

806322.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Replies

• enelson96
    enelson96 Posts: 14 Member
    That is an amazing story! Congratulations to all of your success!
  • Cheilsea
    Cheilsea Posts: 84 Member
    That is absolutely amazing!!! I'm so happy for you. What a huge accomplishment. Congratulations!!!
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Congratulations! You look absolutely wonderful!
  • congrats to you you should be so proud and you deserve every bit of happiness you get
  • AWESOME!!! So proud of your success!! I jus weighed myself and I am down 9 pounds. 25 more to go. MFP is the best tool out there. Glad to see it works!! The fitting into the clothes part is the best!
  • Amarea
    Amarea Posts: 91 Member
    Congratulations on your success. You're definitely an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. Stories like yours help me keep believing I can do it to. Well done and good luck with the skydiving :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    You deserve it! CONGRATS my friend!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    AWWWWW...You made me cry when I read it.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Concrats to YOU!!

And here I thought only us females had that reaction when that happens. LOL:bigsmile: You look fantastic! I know you feel that way too!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    I love your Story!!! You've come so far!! Congrats on making your goal and fitting into such a small pant!! :)
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    congratulations! and thanks for sharing! have fun sky diving too!!
  • Congratulations! I am sure your story inspired alot of MFPers today.
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Great Inspirational success!! Well Done!:flowerforyou:
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Congratulations and thank you for sharing your story and your success!:flowerforyou:
  • nikkijennings
    nikkijennings Posts: 130 Member
    AWWWWW...You made me cry when I read it.

Me too...... thank you soooo much for sharing :happy:
  • YAYYAYYAY!!! What an accomplishment!! It's not very often that you find a guy willing to admit an emotional response to things we women tend to have a flood over! LOL!! I cried right along with you!! I also want to commend you for realizing that your journey still is ongoing. GOOD DECISION to stay here with all of us on MFP!!

KIM
  • lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    seargent, congratulations. Did you by any chance know what your blood pressure and cholesterol were , before you lost it

I read where even a 10 pound weight loss helps SIGNIFICANTLY with a decrease in blood pressure and blood sugars.......

Thats great, man, I love to hear these stories, ........Makes it all worth while after I just spent 2 rigirous hours burning 700 calories in cardio.........thanks for this story, its one of the best.........Lloyd
  • This site has also changed my life. I tell everyone I know about MFP. So happy for you!
  • congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I did the same thing the other day, I went shopping for some new pants and realized how much I went down in size. Before starting MFP I was wearing a size 14 and now i just bought a size 6!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love MFP!!!! it's been the best thing......keep up the good work :)
  • Fantastic xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!