I'm DONE! (yes, pics!)

Options
cirka2002
cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
HI! I'm Jennifer and I have been a MFP addict since January 2010...I think! I'll be turning 40 in April and I can't believe what a journey I have been on over these past years!

First, let me say that two years ago I finally realized that I am Codependent (I just finished a 12-step program for it through Celebrate Recovery). I've had severe self-esteem problems my entire life too. Let me also add, I'm tall. (5'10"), which means I never really looked as heavy as I was...I hid the fat well.

I came from a great family....unfortunately they do not live long. My father died of a heart attack at age 47. My grandmother died in her mid 50's. Everyone else died before I was even born. Who I have left, are all overweight and have numerous health issues. It's safe to say there are a few alcoholics in the family too. My father had high blood pressure and my mom's side of the family deals with high cholesterol. My husband, on the other hand, his family lives forever....even with a degenerative disease. My daughter is 10 years old and I want to be around for her and my husband (while he deals with his illness) for as long as I can!

I think it was Jan 2010 that I started finally exercising and counting calories. I had no idea how much I had been eating and was shocked to see how many calories I would consume in a day! I wore a size 14 in jeans....but really needed to be in a 16! I didn't leave the house much either. And sat on the couch most of the time in boxer shorts.

I've done a variety of exercises over the years. I like to change things up. I started with the Wii Fit in my living room. Then I started training in Muay Thai Kickboxing and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. I moved onto New Rules of Lifting for Woman (GREAT confidence booster ladies!) to start building muscles. Then it was onto C25K. Even though I never really "completed" any of them, I learned a lot from each and every one.

In May I went to my doctor and asked her what my highest non-pregnant weight was. She said 192lbs. Wow! I had no idea....never weighed myself until after I started getting healthy. I'm now holding between 150-155 and happy with how I look. I still have some fat....and lots of curves...but I like it. There are some muscles in there too. I'm am the best shape, physically and mentally, than I've been my entire life. I'm stuck between a size 10 and 12 jeans....I have that awful problem of tiny waist and big hips/butt that always leaves a gap in the jeans at my back.

OK, so here are some pictures. You can see all of them here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaybirddesigns/sets/72157635040111267/

There are not many of me "before" because of the shyness and self-esteem issues. But I had my daughter take some of me today.

This is the first photo I could find. Look at those thighs!
7186439171_8c32e21e38.jpg
11.2008 by jaybird*designs, on Flickr

My daughter is actually the one who got me into MMA. This is us at one of her belt testings.
9497931726_c86b58af4f.jpg
5.2010 by jaybird*designs, on Flickr

And yes, when I first started loosing weight, I rewarded myself with some sexy pics! Here is a tame one. :love:
7371688114_cf87d185c7.jpg
5.2010 by jaybird*designs, on Flickr

A year ago...I used to not be able to button these jeans!
9497844824_37afda1ae2.jpg
6.2012.2 by jaybird*designs, on Flickr

And Today!
9494989867_4b581958d6.jpg
8.2013.4 by jaybird*designs, on Flickr

It was a long slow journey with lots of mistakes. And I kept fighting those last 10 pounds over and over and over again. But it was so worth it!

Jennifer

Replies

• kikicooks
    kikicooks Posts: 1,079 Member
    Options
    You're amazing.
    :smile:
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Whoo mommy! Great work! I love that kind of reward! You're working it. I can only imagine the "un-tame" ones. =O Congrats on taking the steps to better yourself for your family and help break what sounds like a very unfair cycle. I'm sure that you are an inspiration to everyone who knows you. What a transformation! Great job.
  • Amym26
    Amym26 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! I really appreciate your openeness. You can tell you have made this a lifestyle change for good.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Honored to have been with you on your journey! You look great! :)
  • Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing :). Your pooch has seriously ripped shoulders LOL
  • Chrissie_R
    Chrissie_R Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    well done! it must be an mazing feeling x
  • cirka2002
    cirka2002 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • geaver777
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! You look GREAT!!
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, Jennifer!! You look GREAT!!! I really like the pic with your "before but can't fasten" jeans!!

High five to you for fighting through and reaching your goal!!
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    you look so great and healthy!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • sdkyne
    sdkyne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story and pics. You are an inspiration!
  • faceoff4
    faceoff4 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    you look amazing!! Great work and congrats! :)
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • Fat_2_Fit_Mommy
    Fat_2_Fit_Mommy Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Just like a brand new woman!!! I'm fighting my last 10-15 Ibs at this moment you gave me some motivation!!! Congrats to you!
  • michybeans
    michybeans Posts: 106
    Options
    So great that you are not only looking great but FEELING great too! That is awesome work, congratulations! :)
  • AnitraSoto
    AnitraSoto Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you look fabulous!
  • Sarahloulalou
    Sarahloulalou Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look wonderful x
  • ailbheoconnell
    ailbheoconnell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic, and so happy!! well done, it is a long and slow road but you have made it!!
  • JenToms80
    JenToms80 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!
  • babsworth
    Options
    Well done! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!