shoes

Options
Can anyone recommend a place to buy comfortable dress shoes? I was just hired to work at the school. I will spending a lot of time on my feet and walking hallways and up and down stairs. I have to wear professional looking clothes, so sneakers probably aren't the best choice. All my dress shoes were fine when I spent most of the day at my desk, but not for the amount of walking I will be doing now.

Replies

• ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    My mom owns a few pairs of http://www.naturalizer.com/

She is also a business professional and finds then very comfortable and stylish.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I also vote for Naturalizer - super comfy and not too expensive.
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    They can be expensive, but they're totally worth it (and you can sometimes find them at DSW) - the Cole Haan pumps with Nike Air are super comfortable. I basically live in them all week...
  • jbonow1231
    jbonow1231 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    If you are going to be on your feet a lot and they are covered by your insurance, you may want to consider customized orthadics. They can make a miracle difference.
  • cherryblossomrose
    Options
    Try a dance shop - the most confortable shoes I ever bought were dance shoes and they were smart enough for work, not too dressy either.
  • LiziAB
    LiziAB Posts: 55
    Options
    I also vote for Naturalizer - super comfy and not too expensive.
    This! I have a few platform shoes from them super comfy and cute. The heel is usually not a high as others.
  • wonderkitten711
    wonderkitten711 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Naturalizer, Aerosoles, and B.O.C are my go-tos for comfy professional shoes
  • seliinac
    seliinac Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I agree that Naturalizers are generally comfy and good quality shoes. They can be pricey but your feet are worth it!
  • trishtrish1
    trishtrish1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    The Walking Company - or is it the Walking Store. They have dress/athletic/whatever you are looking for. The store folks are well trained and take their time to make sure you get the best shoe for YOU. Pricey but worth it and they last a long time. And are SOO good to your feet!
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Also try Ecco, Born and Naya brands. Sometimes they are pricey, but worth it. Zappos or nordstrom's should carry them.
  • msb803
    msb803 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I work in the schools and have always liked Born, BOC, and Merrells. I've had repeated stress fractures in my left foot though, and on the recommendation of my doctor I now am wearing Alegria. They're not as cute(in my opinion) as some of the others, but my feet feel amazing at the end of the day! I can walk on my foot w/ the stress fracture without it being terribly painful, which is amazing considering how it feels when I wear other shoes!
  • brfried
    brfried Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Birkenstocks, Dansko and Clarks. With Birks being my number one favorite. I own both black and brown London Birks.
    http://www.birkenstockusa.com/products/women/shoes/london/hunter-black-leather/6673
    I have had my brown pair for over 6 years and have had them re-soled once