WOMEN: boob loss?

Options
Ok so I started out at 148 and I've lost 6 pounds. I'm trying to lose 28 pounds all together. I'm a DDD and in all honesty, I really like my boobs. How much have you lost if any in the bust area? I know it's a personal question but I'm kind of obsessed. I don't want to be smaller than a C.

thanks

Replies

• sabrinafaith
    sabrinafaith Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    If at 148 you are a DDD, you probably will still be a D after weight loss. Sometimes being overweight makes you bigger in that area, but you aren't that overweight, so that's probably not the case. If you weighed 200 lbs and wanted to loose 50 or 60, then you would probably end up a B/C.

I don't think you need to worry.
  • pwillems10
    pwillems10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't think it is possible to drop more than a size, but I am not an expert. Everyone's body is a little different and responds differently to things, but I think a good indicator would be to think back to a time when you were your ideal size, as long as it is after your breasts stopped growing, and you most likely would not be able to get any smaller than they were then.
  • Beebee78
    Options
    I shall now smash the it's not possible to drop more than a size theory then lol...

I started out at my heaviest at 261lbs and am now 229lbs.

My boobs were originally a 46GG.

They are now a 38D...
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    boobs are fat so fat loss will decrease your boobs, no way around it. What's more important your boobs or being a healthy weight, I have to say as a former 44DDD who is now a 42 DD I have nothing to complain about, I'm sure when I am at my goal weight I will still have plenty of boob to go around :love:
  • 125again
    Options
    Thanks ladies, I was kind of thinking the same thing.
  • Raychel_xoxo
    Options
    It's really different for everyone...
    When I was 156 I was a 36 DD. When I got down to 125, I was a 34 DD.
    I was actually excited to lose a cup or two, so I was kind of disappointed that didn't happen.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    237 lbs on me equalled a 42DDD, now I'm 191 and I'm a 38 D.

But now for the good news: They don't look that much smaller, because the rest of me has shrunk as well. Proportionally, I look the same, it's just that each body part is smaller...if that makes sense. I'm still a curvy girl, is what I mean, even after losing cup sizes and ribcage inches.

Don't let that be a reason to slow your progress!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    boobs are fat so fat loss will decrease your boobs, no way around it. What's more important your boobs or being a healthy weight, I have to say as a former 44DDD who is now a 42 DD I have nothing to complain about, I'm sure when I am at my goal weight I will still have plenty of boob to go around :love:

this depends...some of your breast tissue is fat, some isn't. I have non-fatty cyst tissue in my breasts, and they have stayed pretty much the same size while the rest of me has shrunk...Drag.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I've gone from 215 at my heaviest to 162ish right now. I was a 38D, probably should have been wearing a 40D or 38DD, and now I'm a solid 38C or 36D, sometimes even a 36C! That's only a drop of one size, I think I'll probably end up around the 36C range, maybe a 34D depending, but I'm happy with that. I'm petite so if I had the same size boobs as when I was 215 lbs, I would look really top heavy. Right now I'm very in proportion with the rest of me.

So, I'd say, yes they will likely get smaller, but it's likely it won't be a dramatic change, just a cup size or two.
  • 125again
    Options
    The weight loss is way more important. Just curious to what other women have experienced. Thanks again, this site is great!
  • jmathews
    Options
    I was a 36D before I lost 55 pounds...now I'm a 32B! I'm proportioned, though. :smile:
  • climbingpanda
    climbingpanda Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I WISH that I could lose some of my boobs! Even when I am only a UK size 8 they persist in being a 28GG at a UK size 14 they go up to a 32/34GG.

Alternatively my best mate just has to think about losing a pound and her boobs vanish ...

I'd be happy with a 28D ... At least I could fit into dresses/tops properly then!
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ok so I started out at 148 and I've lost 6 pounds. I'm trying to lose 28 pounds all together. I'm a DDD and in all honesty, I really like my boobs. How much have you lost if any in the bust area? I know it's a personal question but I'm kind of obsessed. I don't want to be smaller than a C.

thanks

LOL- I don't think you'll lose that much. You don't have a lot to lose and you're already pretty big. I started off as DDD, lost 45 pounds, and went UP a cup size- I'm now an F! Even though I went down a few band sizes!
  • ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Women generally loose in the breast 1st. If your young and have not had children you may not loose too much. The breast tissue is most made up of fatty tissue. Make sure your doing chest exercises like pushup chest press ect to build the muscle up behind the breast.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Women generally loose in the breast 1st. If your young and have not had children you may not loose too much. The breast tissue is most made up of fatty tissue. Make sure your doing chest exercises like pushup chest press ect to build the muscle up behind the breast.

this will help keep them high and perky, but will not prevent loss of fat that will come as a result of the weight loss. They're gonna shrink...just depends how much on how much you lose.
  • Sumatra
    Sumatra Posts: 181
    Options
    I can't say for sure how much I've lost due to weight loss. I stopped nursing my daughter about 2 weeks before I really started working to lose weight. I have seen a serious change in my boobs, but I really think most of that is from no long lactating. I've been pregnant and/or nursing for more than 4 years. It's really odd having much smaller boobs now! It's been so long I don't remember what they were like before, but I'm loving the smaller size. My mom had really big boobs and I never wanted them at all.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    When I was 300+ I was a 46 I, I dropped down to 145lbs 6 years ago and wound up at 38 DD. Then again I was never "small" in that area to begin with. Before I started gaining weight I was a 36 D.
  • ninakretina
    Options
    Great topic, I never really though about it but it'd be awesome if I lose a cup or two, I've never been too fond of my 38DD boobage because they get in the way pretty much all the time! :laugh:
  • katya143
    katya143 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    went from a full C to an A......:( I have to wear padded bras :(