6 Months 67lbs down - Progress Pic

Options
QuHeCTiC24
QuHeCTiC24 Posts: 32 Member
Hello all!

I barely post on the forums although I do read them often, so today I just thought I would make a post with how my progress has gone so far and take in any suggestions you may have.

I am 34 years old and started out at 280lbs and I am now down to 212.6lbs. I started my fitness pal eating around 1800 calories and now I am at 1440 recommended calories.I finished insanity and I have 1 week left of Tapout XT. I'm looking for suggestions for another workout routine, Insanity was great but very boring, tapout is not boring but not as difficult as insanity. I am looking to get between 165-180lbs and once there I would like to gradually increase my calorie intake and start bulking up.

If anyone has any suggestions or have had similar weight loss goals any advise would be greatly appreciated.

2hx4wuf.jpg

Replies

• KimINfortheWin
    KimINfortheWin Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Great job! Your current calorie count seems really low to me...but that's another story. Congratulations!!

Future steps:
    I would recommend you look for a group called "Eat, Train, Progress." They are awesome and can help you out with a lot of that.
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Wow, you like like my husband. So turned on.
  • rpd911
    rpd911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nice work on the weightloss brother. As far as workout routines. I've lost only 28 lbs, but have still been losing fat. I've recently been hitting this routine http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/21-compound-exercises-only-workout.html and I've really seen an increase in my strength and muscle mass. I've been at it now for 4 weeks with today being the start of week 5. I add to the basic workout here by doing finishing lifts, butterflys on a bench and tricep extensions on mondays, leg extensions on Tuesdays, bent over dumbell rows and bent over band pull ups (kind of like a row but the motion is the same as a pull up only using a band). On Fridays I add side deltoid raises. On off days, or Wednesday and Saturdays I run.

I was doing a circuit style training program before that really just concentrated on my biceps and triceps with a few leg, chest and situp excercises - I'd do each circuit 3 times back to back, so that once I finished abs I rested for 2 minutes and hit the start again. No more than 20 seconds between each exercise or the time it would take to set it up. Also, adjust the weight so that you can do 10-12 on the first set with some effort on the final rep so that on the 3rd run through that 12th rep is a *****. Key here is intensity, don't rest so much between and don't go too heavy that you are taking a lot of time to do each exercise. Also, I would only do this for 4-5 weeks as your body will adjust rapidly to it. This isn't a program I've seen, it's just a program I did because of the limited equipment I have. I plan to go on this again for 3-4 weeks after next week to get the circuit training gains from it. I like it, you may not.

Monday - Preacher curl, Military Press, 21-drill curls, lying tricep extension, alternating dumbell curl on incline bench, straightleg deadlift, dumbell lunges, pushups, situps, flutter kicks, ab crunch w/ bent knee leg raises
    Tuesday - run
    Wednesday - Standing easy bar curls (modified to slightly bent forward and would pull the bar back in a rowing motion to abs so that arms were slightly behind torso, then curl), standing over head tricep extension, 21 drill, dips or seated dips, bent over rows, straight leg dead lifts, upright rows, dumbell lunges, pushups, situps, flutter kicks, ab crunch w/ bent knee leg raises
    Thursday - Run
    Friday - Repeat Monday's workout
    Saturday - RUN
    Sunday - Off day / Stretch

The modified curl I got from Athlean-X. There are videos on the facebook for that program that are free and are great incite to that program. I haven't purchased the program cause I ain't trying to drop the money but it looks good.

Biggest thing with high intensity workouts is matching nutrition, you can eat 1440 calories of food or you can eat 1440 calories of fuel. Keep in mind if you start lifing heavy you'll need to up your calories if muscle is your goal.
  • justified111
    justified111 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Have you looked into p90x?
  • QuHeCTiC24
    Options
    Nice work on the weightloss brother. As far as workout routines. I've lost only 28 lbs, but have still been losing fat. I've recently been hitting this routine http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/21-compound-exercises-only-workout.html and I've really seen an increase in my strength and muscle mass. I've been at it now for 4 weeks with today being the start of week 5. I add to the basic workout here by doing finishing lifts, butterflys on a bench and tricep extensions on mondays, leg extensions on Tuesdays, bent over dumbell rows and bent over band pull ups (kind of like a row but the motion is the same as a pull up only using a band). On Fridays I add side deltoid raises. On off days, or Wednesday and Saturdays I run.

I was doing a circuit style training program before that really just concentrated on my biceps and triceps with a few leg, chest and situp excercises - I'd do each circuit 3 times back to back, so that once I finished abs I rested for 2 minutes and hit the start again. No more than 20 seconds between each exercise or the time it would take to set it up. Also, adjust the weight so that you can do 10-12 on the first set with some effort on the final rep so that on the 3rd run through that 12th rep is a *****. Key here is intensity, don't rest so much between and don't go too heavy that you are taking a lot of time to do each exercise. Also, I would only do this for 4-5 weeks as your body will adjust rapidly to it. This isn't a program I've seen, it's just a program I did because of the limited equipment I have. I plan to go on this again for 3-4 weeks after next week to get the circuit training gains from it. I like it, you may not.

Monday - Preacher curl, Military Press, 21-drill curls, lying tricep extension, alternating dumbell curl on incline bench, straightleg deadlift, dumbell lunges, pushups, situps, flutter kicks, ab crunch w/ bent knee leg raises
    Tuesday - run
    Wednesday - Standing easy bar curls (modified to slightly bent forward and would pull the bar back in a rowing motion to abs so that arms were slightly behind torso, then curl), standing over head tricep extension, 21 drill, dips or seated dips, bent over rows, straight leg dead lifts, upright rows, dumbell lunges, pushups, situps, flutter kicks, ab crunch w/ bent knee leg raises
    Thursday - Run
    Friday - Repeat Monday's workout
    Saturday - RUN
    Sunday - Off day / Stretch

The modified curl I got from Athlean-X. There are videos on the facebook for that program that are free and are great incite to that program. I haven't purchased the program cause I ain't trying to drop the money but it looks good.

Biggest thing with high intensity workouts is matching nutrition, you can eat 1440 calories of food or you can eat 1440 calories of fuel. Keep in mind if you start lifing heavy you'll need to up your calories if muscle is your goal.

This is very helpful and I may follow this when I get to the 165-180lb range but right now my focus is on losing the rest of the fat. From what I have read it is very difficult to build muscle and lose weight at the same time. I am lifting a bit right now but that's mainly to lose weight and maintain as much muscle as possible.

And yes justified111 I have looked into P90X and I may go that route after I finish Tapout XT in a week but I'm just afraid it may be as boring as Insanity.
  • earvizu92
    earvizu92 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Great job!
  • nalia08
    nalia08 Posts: 252
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss!
  • kyliecakes0405
    kyliecakes0405 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    WoW - Congrats on your progress thus far! I wouldn't focus so much on the number on the scale. Having a toned body with little fat goes much further and it's healthier. My husband is doing Kris Gethin 12 week training with great results. It's a tough process but so worth it!

Here's a site I came across that may help you on your journey! http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/can-you-lose-fat-and-build-muscle-at-the-same-time/

Best wishes :smile:
  • QuHeCTiC24
    Options
    WoW - Congrats on your progress thus far! I wouldn't focus so much on the number on the scale. Having a toned body with little fat goes much further and it's healthier. My husband is doing Kris Gethin 12 week training with great results. It's a tough process but so worth it!

Here's a site I came across that may help you on your journey! http://www.builtlean.com/2011/08/04/can-you-lose-fat-and-build-muscle-at-the-same-time/

Best wishes :smile:

Thanks for the link, awesome article!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!