before bed....

Options
I usually stay away from carbs before bed, but tonight had a small piece of low cal bread with some egg whites...
obviously I know one time isn't gonna make a huge difference, but is it really bad to have carbs like this before bed?
im on a gain program right now, but id like to gain muscle more so then fat...
any and all suggestions on everything would b awesome! not just the carb thing!!!!
Thank you!!!!

Replies

• courtneytrisha
    courtneytrisha Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    if you wanna gain muscle you NEED carbs. they aren't bad before bed, that's ridiculous.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't mean a thing other than trying to get in a good bit of protein after a hard workout. Other than that just meet your daily goals. You can do it all at 8 pm - midnight if you like.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Meal timing doesn't mean a thing other than trying to get in a good bit of protein after a hard workout. Other than that just meet your daily goals. You can do it all at 8 pm - midnight if you like.

This
  • j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I'm doing a slow bulk rite now and I eat carbs at night all the time. It hasn't effect me in a negative way, and im staying decently lean while bulking.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    I work some pretty weird hours and most of the time I eat before going to bed. I dont believe it has hurt my weight loss at all. If anything I think it helps me sleep better and keeps me from waking up in the middle of the night and getting crazy in the fridge.
  • guessrs
    guessrs Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    My routine is no food after 6 pm. Sometimes due to extenuating circumstances I had to have my dinner late. I panicked a bit, it made no difference whatever. So no worry at all! I still hate going to bed with full stomach, just personal preference.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Carbs are not bad, whatever time of day you eat them. It's your overall calorie deficit over days, weeks, months that counts.
  • KickingButt
    KickingButt Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone...., yea I had a feeling the carb thing before bed wasn't fully true, as long as they r healthy