let's start a group for people who need to lose 100 + lbs

Options
hi everyone! i just sent friend requests to everyone i could find that said they need to lose 100 + lbs.

i don't know if you can make groups on here, but you can on facebook and i think it is a great idea to have a support group where we can get encouragement from each other and become friends.

so, please accept my friend request on here and lets see about getting a group started. i know i need people to talk to and ask questions of and get support from and i bet you do to. since we are all using this amazing site, let's become friends and help each other out.

jackie

Replies

• crudd123
    crudd123 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I looked under groups and search for 100 pounds to lose or more and there are several groups that came up!
  • incredibleshrinkingjackie
    Options
    ok everyone, i just made a facebook group for us. it is called Down with the Pounds, Up with Friends. please go to it and join. i am on fb constantly so it will be an active group where we can get to know each other, post tips and recipes, ask questions and get encouragement for this journey we are all on.

jackie
  • cindibutler80
    cindibutler80 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I need all the support I can get. I have 150 lbs to lose and I just started.
  • BigLynxae
    BigLynxae Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Joined the FB group!! :)
  • Divamamaof5
    Divamamaof5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I put a request in to join the group!
  • ladypinktulip
    ladypinktulip Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am not on facebook, do we have a mfp group for this also? Thanks so much :-)
  • iheartpink86
    iheartpink86 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have 100 lbs to lose :/
  • luckyladybug24
    luckyladybug24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Just sent a request on FB to join the group! :flowerforyou:
  • sarasmiles124
    sarasmiles124 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I am aiming for a 100 lb weight loss as well. I will join the facebook page when I get home in the morning.
  • healthyKYgirl
    healthyKYgirl Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I am not on facebook, do we have a mfp group for this also? Thanks so much :-)

Yes there are several MFP groups that do not require a Facebook account. If you go to Community->Groups, you can search for 100.

Edit: Here's a link for the search results: https://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/search?utf8=✓&phrase=100
  • RaeRum82
    RaeRum82 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Put in a request for the FB page!
  • electricpony
    Options
    130 to lose. It seems so overwhelming. I'd rather not have my fb friends see this site or my posts?
  • baiye1
    baiye1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I still have 100+ to go, but down roughly 35-ish and planning to continue. I'm on here daily and try to be interactive. :)
  • babyfirefly_
    Options
    Hiya :) I still have way over 100lbs to lose! I'm very active & friendly, so please feel free to add me <3
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    ELECTRICPONY I must agree. I plan on not putting anything on fb about my weight loss until one year and then post a before and after pic like -BOOM! but I have 100 to lose I'm extremely cool and motivated so if any one wants to add me feel free.
  • crystalbishop5059
    crystalbishop5059 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    yep - I have over 100 lbs to lose as well, but I chunk into short term goals :-) My current goal is BMI of 37 by end of year.

Feel free to add me as a friend - I'll accept all requests. It's time I started participating more and looking for support 'groups'.

Me: 5'10 SW 300 6/29/13 (on dr scale, mine was 298, but who's quibbling?), CW 278 , GW one-der-land! I have PCOS, diabetes, and I am on a medically supervised diet - so don't freak out when you see my calorie levels... just sayin :-)

It's tough, but my calorie goal is 1300-1500 per day, yes I do eat back exercise calories when I can but don't fret unduly if I don't. I also allow myself to eat up to my BMR on occasion or if weight loss stalls.
  • godsfitnessplan
    Options
    hey everybody im here to lose 100 pounds if GOD will
  • lookin2lose48
    Options
    new here, going to join the FB page..but would like new friends here..pls feel free to add me
  • MsTamikaP
    Options
    Hi Jackie & my fellow 100lb + to lose team mates!! Let's go ... i'm down 20lbs so far and my goal is 150 lbs by August 2014! We can achieve this by supporting each other on this journey - COUNT ME IN :):wink:
  • charleyreedto175
    charleyreedto175 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    oh oh pick me pick me ...the fat kid in the corner.....:)