Nervous about amusement park

Options
Even after losing 77 lbs, I still am nervous about trying to fit into the seat of a roller coaster... I still have that little voice in my head wondering if I might have to do "the walk of shame" when we go in a few days. Last time I went to an amusement park I was not big at all... It's been years! Anyone had any experience with this? I would seriously be mortified if I had to stand in line and then in front of all those people have to get up and leave. I know the 15" seat width will be ok (already tried that to make sure lol) .. mainly worried about the lap bar that comes down, since that's the one area I carry my weight in.

Just curious how everyone else did in situations like this?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Call the amusement park ahead of time and ask for seat dimensions for the rides in question. It's the only way to know for sure until you actually get there and try it out,
  • cgreentx
    Options
    Been there, done that. At 6'2" and near 300 lbs I had that experience at Universal. It was never a problem at Disney parks as they seem to plan well for the overweight, however it was always a fear. :( I can't tell you for sure if you'll have issues, but even if you do you can hold your head high on the progress you've made!
  • Eirene80
    Eirene80 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I went to an amusement park last spring. At 5'6" and 242 lbs there was no walk of shame. My husband has only had a problem when he was close to 300 lbs. He carries most of his weight in his stomach, so the safety bars couldn't lock.

Looking at your ticker you should be fine. Have a great time!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    oh, just peeking at your pics I think you're going to be fine ;) If you wana be safe call em up and find out just in case. I'm sure people do that all the time and if a simple phone call can ease your mind I'd do it.
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I went one on Tuesday.

We went to Alton Towers, i panicked loads the night before, didnt panic too much whilst there as there was bigger people getting onto the rides.

The only ride i panicked about was 'Air' thats because when you sit in the chair.. it flips you up so you 'lay down' so to speak and the bars take all your weight.

I weight more than you, dont sweat it!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    do not worry about it, I'm sure you will be ok
  • courtm82
    courtm82 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Like I said the seat is 15 inches so thats not my biggest concern... its the darn lap bar... we have such a big day planned I just hope we all have fun and im not too big still :(
  • innerhottie
    innerhottie Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    What park are you going to? At 5'2" and 212 lbs. I can fit on everything at Universal, Disney, and Kings Dominion.

I had to do the walk of shame at Busch Gardens from the Alpengheist which is what started my weightloss journey.
    (I was 236 then).
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Many roller coasters have a sample seat at the line entrance.
  • xSTx
    xSTx Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I felt this way a few weeks ago when at a park. Although my body has changed I sometimes feel way bigger than I actually am.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I was 212 at 5'1" on our last trip to Disney. No problems!:smile: