Last Minute Snack Before Bed??

Options
So right before I go to sleep I get really hungry (it is real hunger). What, in your opinion is the best right-before-bed snack? Keep in mind that it has been about 5 hours since I ate dinner. I usually eat a piece of cheese or try to drink decaf tea but I'm really craving crackers and such, and sometimes I give in... :/

Replies

• Beebee78
    Options
    A protein shake would be a good way of filling yourself up without eating unecessary carbs at that hour xxx
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Try an apple. My mom always said it regulates your blood sugar over night. I'm not sure if that's true, as I'm not a professional, but apples are really tasty anyway.
  • championnfl
    championnfl Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Try adding more carbs through out the day. My wife has the same problem. Drink water before the time you normally get hunger.
    Banana and milk is a good alternative,plus helps you sleep. Good Luck!
  • johnnypayne
    johnnypayne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yep a small protein shake would be a good plan. That's what I do when I am hungry late at night.
  • SarahJean23
    SarahJean23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions! I'm going to try each of those!
  • Samantharose8akaDebbie
    Options
    I eat honey nut cheerios and a small amount of milk. Comforting, crunchy and satisfying:)
  • cpezz
    cpezz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is what I do. I keep a couple of nice big mugs in the freezer. If I get a real craving for something in the evening I fill one of these mugs with a diet soda such as Root beer or Cream soda. It makes a real nice frosty treat and it is zero calories. This always satisfies my hunger and fills me up. I am not an advocate of drinking a lot of diet soda but in this case it makes a nice treat.
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    It's possible you're not hungry and just thirsty. Your body sends the same signals when it's thirsty so when you start feeling "hungry" drink at least 8 ounces of water and wait 5-10 mins. If by that time you still feel hungry then eat a small snack using suggests others have listed above.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    It had been recommended to me to eat deli meat slices, especially turkey. The protein in turkey will help build and repair muscle while you sleep and the chemical in turkey that makes you sleepy, will help your muscles relax so you can get better sleep. If you crave carbs you can have a turkey wrap. I always save enough calories for a snack after dinner since I to have a long time between bed and dinner.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I usually have a yogurt and 1/8 to 1/4 cup of berries with it. Sweet enough to count as a treat, not enough to be counted as a meal. Just enough to keep my tummy from rumbling when I am trying to go to sleep. My meals/snacks are 4 hours apart even if it takes me up to bed time.
  • SarahJean23
    SarahJean23 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    More good suggestions! Thanks!!