New to diet and exercise, but i'm here :)

techie999
techie999 Posts: 1
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Hey Everybody,

Well, i just turned 30 and I think i am having a quarter life crisis. I joined a local gym about 2 weeks ago (and i love working out so far, i really feel great every time i go, after the pain stops of course, haha) and my trainer said i REALLY need to keep a food diary. I tried a paper one but it never seemed to be in the right place, and i always forgot about it. I am really hoping this website and the iphone app help me reach my goals...

On another note, i REALLY need to get my cholesterol to healthy levels. Anybody have any websites or books they can recommend to help me tailor my diet and exercise specifically with this goal. Thanks,

--Tyler E.
Windermere, FL

Replies

• Hi Tyler!

Congrats on finding a new healthy lifestyle!

I can suggest protein shakes for helping the pain to stop sooner as they help muscle to repair itself.

I'm not sure about cholesterol diets - I know they need to be low in saturated fat and sodium - I am sure someone will have the answer :)

Good luck on your journey xxx
  • mekhala
    mekhala Posts: 123 Member
    Hello and welcome!!

for a healthy heart and low colesterol - monosaturated fats..... eg... swop your butter and red meats for olive oil, olive spreads and chicken...

lots of veggies.... i read that a plate should be half veg, a quarter protein and a quarter carbs, seems simple but harder than you think... i crave carbs and protein so tend to only have a quarter of plate of veggies... making a point of not doing that this week!!
  • Despite what you may hear... Monavie Pulse is amazing at lowering cholesterol and blood pressure... anything heart related... I know because I've drank it and I have a lot of family and friends that drink it and it's been outstanding! Good Luck! :-)
This discussion has been closed.