1/2 cup of water
    Microwave 1 minute 15 seconds
    30 g of dried cranberries
    12 raw almonds

I never get tired of it. :smile:
  • sdgirl22
    sdgirl22 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like savory steel cut oats... nom!! Still trying out new versions, but I still with these two for the most part. I top my bowl with an egg to round out the meal.

Sesame oats: cook with chicken stock, ginger, and sesame seeds. Top with sesame oil ( I use 1 tsp), soy sauce, chili sauce, and green onions to taste.

Truffle oats: cook with beef stock and garlic. Top with sauteed mushrooms and onions (caramelized onions are fantastic, if you have the time to make them), truffle oil, and Parmesan cheese.

I'm trying to perfect a bacon & white cheddar version, but so far the sesame is by far the best.

Don't try these with rolled oats... bleh!
  • clover5
    clover5 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I chop half an apple down into bite-sized pieces, and add 1/2 tbsp light brown sugar and some cinnamon.

Also, 1-2 tbsp of canned pumpkin, a little cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.

I'd think that many fruits would be awesome too. Pears, berries, etc.

I make one of these three options almost every day.
  • sarahertzberger
    sarahertzberger Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I add apples and cinnamon, walnut and small amount of maple sugar, vanilla flavoring, chocolate protein powder, cinnamon and raisin several different ways
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    My favorite way? The way you make a banana split but with oatmeal instead of icecream.

Here are some other delicious recipes with pictures and nutritional values:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.282456955162220.66650.282449018496347&type=3
  • SmallMimi
    SmallMimi Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    So many good ideas! My personal fav is overnight steel cut, real maple syrup to sweeten, Apple Pie spice and Apple chunks.

ETA: to added - Small amount of vanilla protein shake (to up protein and to replace milk)
  • dutchk
    dutchk Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I cover every square millimeter of the top of the cooked oatmeal in my bowl with cinnamon. Add an ounce of crushed walnuts. Then a banana or raisins or other fruit. Instead of milk I use 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce.
  • DrNerdy
    DrNerdy Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I throw in a handful of frozen blueberries in my oatmeal. It is amazing.
  • fmouco
    fmouco Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Pancake: in a blender 1/2 a cup of oatbran, 1/2 a cup of cottage cheese, 1egg, some sweetner and some drops of almond or vanilla extract. Just wonderful!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    In a house
    with a mouse
  • tjb3659
    tjb3659 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Make your oatmeal with unsweetened vanilla almond milk. For crunch I put a 1/2 serving of fiber one cereal, for sweetness I add a handful of fresh blueberries and I love to top it with 80g of Fage 0% greek yogurt. yumm!!

100 cal oatmeal
    20 cal almond milk
    30 cal fiber one
    40 cal Fage
    20 cal blueberries
    __
    Total 210 cal and very filling_
  • miniversion
    miniversion Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I like cooking a banana with the rolled oats then add cinnamon once cooked. The banana makes it nice and sweet. Sometimes I fry a ripe plantain banana in a half a teaspoon of coconut oil, set aside, cook the oatmeal then add the banana to eat. Yummy!
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    add water and microwave?
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I make it with milk and add a touch of sugar and butter. Then, I add some fruit (usually bananas). Mmmmmm!
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I eat mine in brownies!!! :bigsmile:
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I like mine with milk, sugar and cinnamon. I've added raisins to it a few times too. There's obviously oatmeal chocolate chip cookies :-D
  • RacquelLuntz
    Options
    1/2 - 3/4 cup Rolled Oats
    1 - 1 1/4 cup Water
    1/2 cup Almond Milk
    1 tsp Cinnamon
    2 tsp Honey OR 1.5 tsp Brown Sugar

and when I have them, 1/2 cup Strawberries :)
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I was given some oatmeal that has the cinnamon already added in it. This morning, I cooked it with water and just ate it that way. It wasn't bad but I know I'll get sick of it fast that way.

Therefore, tomorrow I'm going to add some unsweetened applesauce to it. And, possibly, a little more cinnamon as there wasn't much cinnamon flavor to it.

Today, I added the unsweetened apple sauce. Yuk, I only added a tablespoon but it overpowered it.