About how many lbs do you all lose per week?

Options
I'm 20 years old 5'5 . Two weeks ago I decided to start limiting my meal sizes to a healthier portion. I don't exercise. Just drinking alot of water and not eating out or having junk food. I'm not starving myself lol My calorie count per day is about 1,300. So by eating less junk and more healthy food, fruits and veggies I satisfy my hunger. I started at about 239 and today ( day 1 of week 3) I weighed in at 227. Now I'm no fitness expert but I don't think this is normal..?? 12 lbs in 14 days seems a bit excessive. I don't really see or feel a difference I mean I'm happy that I'm loosing weight but I'm not even really trying. Could this be bad for my health??..
About how many lbs do you all lose per week??

Thanks for the help guys :)

Replies

• poohpoohpeapod
    poohpoohpeapod Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    You will always have a big loss when first starting to reduce. Some is water. It will slow down 1-2 lbs per week is a goodpace.
  • usmcwifeall4me
    Options
    My first week I lost 10 pounds...the second almost 3...when I weigh in this week I think it will be 2 and hopefully 2 a week there after
    the first week will always be a big number because of water weight and reduction of calories.
  • v93garcia
    Options
    Ohh okay thats good to know thanks! :)
  • v93garcia
    Options
    wow 10 in a week! lol I'm glad it will start to slow down I was starting to get a little scared . Thank you
    My first week I lost 10 pounds...the second almost 3...when I weigh in this week I think it will be 2 and hopefully 2 a week there after
    the first week will always be a big number because of water weight and reduction of calories.
  • ken_hogan
    ken_hogan Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I'm averaging about 1 a week. My best week was 6 but that was due to the stomach flu..... :laugh:
  • v93garcia
    Options
    Lol!! Thats good I dont mind losing just one a week as long as I lose it for good.
    I'm averaging about 1 a week. My best week was 6 but that was due to the stomach flu..... :laugh:
  • DonM46
    DonM46 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Took me ten months to lose 33 lbs, so ... a little less than a pound per week.
    The good news is that I've stayed there since November of 2011.
    Well, plus/minus a couple of pounds.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    It will change week to week. Congrats on the great start but like many have said much of that is probably water weight and the shock of your diet change. You will slow down and have good weeks and bad weeks. Weight loss is not linear it will happen more in spikes and then flatlines. Just keep at it and stay determined and you will get there.
  • v93garcia
    Options
    Since 2011 wow thats great! I don't mind having the weight come off slowly I just want to live a healthier lifestyle and never get back to my highest weight again. Thank you!
    Took me ten months to lose 33 lbs, so ... a little less than a pound per week.
    The good news is that I've stayed there since November of 2011.
    Well, plus/minus a couple of pounds.
  • v93garcia
    Options
    Thanks for the help! 122 lbs thats amazing!! I am definitely determined to lose this weight :) Your great thanks
    It will change week to week. Congrats on the great start but like many have said much of that is probably water weight and the shock of your diet change. You will slow down and have good weeks and bad weeks. Weight loss is not linear it will happen more in spikes and then flatlines. Just keep at it and stay determined and you will get there.
  • DiamondL88
    Options
    Hi, You should check out smack fat its a amazing community that strives on helping & suggesting solutions to losing weight & your questions just follow this link for more details http://goo.gl/IerPQr

For videos & more info take a look at smack fat fan page on Facebook & Twitter http://www.facebook.com/LoseWeightBeHappy88
    http://twitter.com/SmackFat