I am so new to weightloss , any advice ?

Options
Sorry , I know I could google it , but this seems as good a place as a website

Replies

• Armyantzzz
    Armyantzzz Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Cut back on sugar, table salts and fast foods.. and develop an exercise routine that you are comfortable with. :smile: Change to a healthy diet you can live with.:wink:
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Follow what mfp recommends to a tee. Eat your exercise cals. If you can't eat them all. Exercise less.
  • Myc4h11
    Myc4h11 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I need help too. I'm so unmotivated to exercise. I force myself some mornings and know I should do some in the evening but all I do is sit and watch tv. HELP
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    eat in a deficit + workout = lose weight ..

Ignore all the other BS about not eating bread, or don't eat food after 9pm, or don't skip breakfast, or you must eat six small meals .bla bla bla..

stick with the deficit + work out and you will see gains...
  • iwillbetinytea
    iwillbetinytea Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    THE LAWS OF SCIENCE PROCLAIM...sorry I love science...so general law of physics is energy is not created or destroyed it can only be transferred. So with this being said, whatever energy (food) you put in it will be transferred into what you do. For example walking. If you eat MORE than you need, your body will store it. If you eat LESS than you need you will start to burn off those fat deposits in your body. Simple. Go search online for an advanced TDEE calculator and take off around 500kcals from that number. Exercise at least 10-30mins a day, and if you want to eat your calories from your exercise back please do, but don't if you are not hungry - what a silly thing to do! Simple.
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Follow what mfp recommends to a tee. Eat your exercise cals. If you can't eat them all. Exercise less.

Glad this worked for you.

I did the exact opposite and it has worked well for me. I like to hike and sometimes burn off a lot of calories. I also like to walk everywhere instead of taking the car. Sometimes I can't eat all those calories back (I'm a 5' 3" woman and can't eat a whole day's worth of calories by the end of the day). I would never cut out my hikes or walks to work. They're great for cardiac health and have improved my quality of life. I eat my calories back if I'm hungry, otherwise not. My doctor approves and says I'm doing fine.
  • DiamondL88
    Options
    I don't know how fast and easily you want to lose weight but I can assure you that
    with discipline,commitment and dedication, you can lose weight and achieve the
    desired body size you want.

Here are 4 factors that contribute to overweight
    1. too much fatty foods
    2. too much carbohydrate/sugary foods
    3. lack of exercise
    4. over eating

If you are able to eliminate all these factors from your life, I bet you will be able
    to lose weight quickly than you can ever imagined.

If you think due to one or two reasons you can eliminate these factors, then I will advise
    you to try weight loss supplements such as the fat burners and appetite suppressants. They
    will help you a lot in you quest to lose weight.

I hope you follow these tips and I wish you good luck. You can read more
    on how to lose weight http://goo.gl/IerPQr