TURBO FIRE

Options
Who has done or is doing turbo fire? What have you experienced?

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My wife does it and loves it. I've done a few workouts myself too. They are pretty fast-paced. Feel free to add me if you'd like to ask any questions.
  • ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have done two rounds of Turbo Fire. I had done Chalene's other weight lifting program, Chalean Extreme but was new to her Turbo type of teaching.

It took me a few times to get the moves down. But, it's nice because the DVD's have the "new to class" option just for that reason. She breaks down the moves for you so you can learn them.

When I got going, I absolutely loved the program!!! I got good results and I also used 2lb weighted gloves which toned my arms like crazy!

And bonus.......the music is awesome!!!! It's a really fun workout!
  • mama_speak
    Options
    I"m doing turbofire NOW. I am absolutely loving it. Feel free to message me if you want to talk about it more in depth :)
  • Witchdoctor58
    Witchdoctor58 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Rock lives, and disco sucks.

The music is so mind-deadening awful that I simply could not go on with this program. The choreography is too complex, and the camera never stays one place long enough to grasp the sequence.

I think this is one of those programs that you love or hate.
  • jmcreynolds91
    jmcreynolds91 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Im on my second round and lost 42 pounds and still loving it. The moves came easy after the first couple of times and Chalene is amazing!!
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I started it yesterday :smile:
  • lizzle311
    Options
    I love turbo fire, I have done the schedule twice and have done the hybrid schedule with chalene extreme (weightlifting) She is motivating and the workout is fun. Also check out her website and vlogs.
  • JENNTF
    JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Turbo Fire, and do the workouts approx. 4-6 days a week. Yes it is a little fast paced and it does take a few times to get the hang of the moves, but once you do - this program rocks. Chalene is extremely motivating and the music is great. It is very uplifting, and keeps you moving.

I love the program so much that I actually became a Independent Beachbody Coach to motivate others to use the products and workout. For the month of August Chalene Extreme is on Challenge pack, which includes the workout program (with bonus DVD's if you order thru a coach) along side a month of Shakeology. If you need additional information or have additional questions. Please let me know. I am going to friend request you if that is okay!! Looking forward to speaking with you more. Good Luck in your journey!!! Have a great Tuesday.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I am planning on starting it in 4 weeks when my current round of boot camp ends (live class that I attend 4 x a week). I have done some of the workouts, and they are awesome. I didn't find the moves or choreography difficult, especially since I have done lots of Turbo Jam (Chalene's prior program). I like the music, and I never find Chalene to be/get annoying (which is unusual for me - I was ready to smack Leslie Sansone after a while).

I am super excited because I have the "old" version and was just able to buy the "advanced" DVDs (no longer sold) from someone here at MFP. Now I have a complete set and can do a 20 week session of Turbo Fire. I am really looking forward to getting started.
  • hablondi
    hablondi Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have started Turbo Fire a few times, but haven't finished the program. The first time I made it through week 6, but had to stop because I tore my right adductor. I think this was due to overtraining, because I also trained and ran a 1/2 marathon while doing. I started two other times and didn't finish just due to lack of self-discipline.

I recently started again and am on week 3. In the first two weeks, I lost 1.5 inches off my waist and 1 inch from my hips. One thing that I am doing differently this time is adding weight training in the gym several days a week. I feel that is the one thing that is missing from this program. I don't want to be skinny fat, I want to lose the fat and have some great muscle when I am done.

I also have the old version and was able to snag the advanced DVDs. Plan is to do all 20 weeks this time.

I do love this program and think that it is worth giving a try!
  • Loulady
    Loulady Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I love it. I was a big fan of Turbo Kick classes before my gym stopped holding them, so I turned to the dvd's instead. I only stuck with the program for the first month, and then just used the videos I liked as cardio days in my own workout plan.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I love Turbofire. It's probably the most fun I've had while working out :)