Insanity

Options
What do we think of the Insanity Program?? Would love any thoughts :)

Replies

• ddavies919
    ddavies919 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Great program! But, you've gotta put in the work. Some think it's harsh on your knees and joints; it can be but you've got to land softly; toe, ball, heal and you'll be fine.

I've done two rounds myself and am now a certified Insanity instructor! Love it!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Intense, *kitten*-kicking, endurance building.
    It's definitely one of my Top 5 programs to use.

My only complaint is that the explosive plyometric moves over and over again were kind of brutal on my knees, ankles and lower back (muscular, not spinal). Usually, if my lower back would get real sore, I'd take a week off and then all would be good.

My knees and ankles are just bad to begin with, so I can't really blame Insanity for that. The lower back soreness is relatively new since I began doing some plyo-centric workouts like Insanity and Asylum.
  • unoriginalusername007
    Options
    Insanity is a really good program. I'm currently nearing the end of my second month and by this time, it gets to be a bit exhausting. The workouts are tough, to the point that I have to mentally prepare myself for them sometimes haha! As of now I'm dreading the harsh Max Interval Circuit workout I have tonight, but know it's going to work wonders for my body if I stick with it. Plan to get really toned arms and legs with this program. Though there's a lot of cardio, Shaun T also gets in plenty of push-ups, an1d squats. As for your core, it's engaged through the entire workout so your abs will get stronger. My only complaint is my legs have actually gotten bigger since I started the program. I know it's all muscle, so it's better than the "flab" I had before, but I was hoping my legs would thin a little bit too. :/ I agree with the other poster who mentioned how tough it could be on your joints. I've had knee problems which are sometimes triggered by the workout; I've noticed pain in my low back and ankles too due to the high intensity. My chiropractor thought I was in an accident since my back was so locked up my last appointment. :P Anyway, I suggest Insanity, but warn you that it's not half as enjoyable as other ways to work; however, it'll reap better benefits for you :)
  • Geisha_girl
    Options
    Thankyou guys for your responses:) I have stumbled across it very cheap, so I am thinking WHY NOT!!!

My hubby is a personal trainer and won't join in with me on Jillian Michaels or Michelle Bridges (too girly). Hoping we can smash this out together.
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've just started it yesterday. I've borrowed a room from a friend who runs a pub in town and organised a group ( no charge - I'm not making any profit from Insanity) of 7 to come and do the workouts together. Doing it as a group helps motivation :)

Back on it again tonight, looking forward to it already!
  • DreamItWorkIt
    DreamItWorkIt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have just completed week four and even though I have been working my butt off and eating well I have seen no change. Maybe I have done something wrong as I got bored in the last week but still worked out.

This week I am going to do running 3 times a week and Insanity 3 times a week to break it up a bit. I love doing Insanity but I do think that there is too much hype around it and agree with the previous poster about the repetitive moves.
  • evt84
    evt84 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will be finished with Insanity on Sunday! 5 more workouts and a fit test and I'm DONE!

It's been challenging, but I've noticed big changes. I've lost between 6-8 pounds, and although I didn't take measurements at the beginning--I can tell I've lost inches by the way I look and feel, and by the way my clothes fit me now.

My knees and lower back have absolutely taken a pounding, and I'm looking forward to being done. I'm so glad I stuck with it, though!

Good luck! :)
  • salad_tramp
    salad_tramp Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've just finished month 1. So far I have only shed a couple pounds, but arms, legs, abs and butt are noticeably more toned. I feel more fit over all. I'm nervous for month two, but also ready to get these muscles to burn a lot of fat--which is why I started Insanity. I want to reduce body fat. Shuan T is motivating, and usually I don't like video workouts.
  • kareeta
    kareeta Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm on Week 3 Day 2 tonight, was my 2nd Fit test yesterday and I had improved in most areas but not the push up jacks!! I hate them with a passion. No weight loss yet but feel a real difference in my already muscular legs. I am loving it but agree that it is a bit hard on the knees, I wear a support for my right knee, and I am trying to get the correct form for the power jumps and squats, not to mention all the hardcore ones in cardio abs!!