When people constantly call you fat ...

Options
Because I am underweight people think its fine to tell me I'm fat all the time , but it really gets to me , and just stops me eating , no one understands it when you feel fat even though the scale says your not ! Any tips how to block them out ? ( I can't just ask them to stop , it doesn't work )

Replies

• keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    On the flip side you're not actually fat. I knew a guy whose nickname was fatty .. because he was fat. Everyone called him it and dude wound up having a meltdown
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm sure this is difficult for you. Based on your other posts, you are recovering from an ED? You need to know that they are saying that to you more because they are perhaps uncomfortable with how thin you are. If these are close friends or family, I would let them know how it is affecting your recovery. If they aren't and you've asked them to stop and they don't, then ditch them. Keep people in your life that are positive and healthy.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Don't block it out, stand up to it. Call them on their BS behaviour. It's not you, who should have to adjust to deal with the words but they (who I am assuming are old enough to know better) to shut the hell up.
  • kjoy_
    kjoy_ Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    you're acknowledging you're underweight, yet have your weight loss ticker on your profile set to a goal much lower than what you are now.

i just want to make sure you're okay.... are you at a healthy BMI for your height? has your doctor approved your weight loss? if you're trying to lose into severely overweight territory through the use of an ED, PLEASE disable your MFP account and see a professional. we can help support you in recovery - but you won't find support for continuing an ED here.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Who are these people? If you can avoid being around them, do so. Cut negativity from your life wherever possible. If you can't avoid them, feel free to make them feel like **** for doing the same to you. Tell them what awful people they are and how they're affecting your mental health and making you sick.
  • joolywooly33
    joolywooly33 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I think you need help and are obviously crying out on the forums...... can you speak to a friend about how you feel?
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Well, based on the pictures in your profile, I would suggest therapy, either one on one or group. I highly doubt anyone is calling you fat, unless you are saying you are fat and then they say something like "yeah, you are so fat".

You have body image problem and an eating disorder, and it will kill you if you do not seek help from it. Attention seeking on a wellness site is not going to help you, only fuel the fire with in you to harm yourself. Please seek real life help.
  • KissMeImShtFaced
    Options
    Post and profile sound fake.Probably just some fat guy pretending to be a teenaged girl to get attention.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Maybe distance yourself from people like that, or either tell them how you feel. Also, why do YOU call yourself fat in your profile picture? If you want other people to respect you, you should hold yourself to that standard as well and have some self respect. Captioning your profile picture of your ribs with "Why am I so fat?" isn't healthy, and trying to lose more weight when you're already under isn't either.

P.s- Please delete all of your pro ana friends on your list and go get help.
  • Fitnessisforlife123
    Options
    Not helpful , because there is a good chance she is real. Just don't reply if you don't like it .
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You are probably just hearing things. Starvation is known to drive people mad.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    On one thread you're looking for weight loss buddies... and then you're also posting on "recovering anorexics".

I suggest you step away from a weight loss forum and get professional help.
  • thiswillbeit
    thiswillbeit Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    On one thread you're looking for weight loss buddies... and then you're also posting on "recovering anorexics".

I suggest you step away from a weight loss forum and get professional help.
    The weightloss buddies thread was before I began recovery
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    So, you keep posting these topics, and people are concerned about you, but you haven't answered the question of whether you're getting any professional help? That's going to be a really important step if you're serious about recovery. I would also suggest the possibility that this website might not be the best place for you. At the very least, you might want to change how you're using it. Having a picture of your ribcage as your profile, having other people with EDs (who aren't trying to recover) on your friends list... these might not be the best ways of getting into a healthy, recovery frame of mind. Just a thought. :flowerforyou:
  • peachfigs
    peachfigs Posts: 831 Member
    Options
    You're right, you can't ask people to stop and you can't control what they say or do. But what you CAN control is how you react to it.

Remember that when people make mean comments, it shows more about them as a person than it will ever show about you.

Stay strong and work on your health, ignore everyone else. I know you can do this :flowerforyou:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    You have a picture of your ribs as your avatar. Something tells me it's not people calling you fat that makes you not want to eat.