Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Low carb recipes PLEASE!!!

Hello! I am new to this website. I am on a low carb (not no carb) diet. More like a diet that a diabetic would follow. Does anyone have some quick low carb meals that I can throw together for my husband and I???

Replies

• Not an exact recipe - and by many people's standards not perfectly healthy (depends on if you are OK with some fat), but I always enjoyed multiple versions of "smothered chicken" where I would bake my boneless, skinless chicken breasts, and then add
    1) sauteed mushrooms, bacon crumbles, diced tomatoes, provolone or swiss
    2) steamed brocolli, bacon crumbles, cheddar cheese
    And then stick back under the broiler to melt the cheese.
    And in a hurry, I would buy a rotisserie chicken and the pre-cooked bacon slices at the grocery store.
  • Have you ever tried to make a Portobello mushroom pizza? Roast the mushroom top down with the stem removed and add whatever toppping you want, garlic, spinach, feta, sundried tomato...artichoke heart... it is yummy and low cals but very filling!
  • http://genaw.com/lowcarb/
    Tons of low in carb recipes
  • Have you ever tried to make a Portobello mushroom pizza? Roast the mushroom top down with the stem removed and add whatever toppping you want, garlic, spinach, feta, sundried tomato...artichoke heart... it is yummy and low cals but very filling!

Omgosh, that sounds delicious! im gonna have to try that!
  • Hello! I am new to this website. I am on a low carb (not no carb) diet. More like a diet that a diabetic would follow. Does anyone have some quick low carb meals that I can throw together for my husband and I???

Try this one.....hope you guys like fish.....3 carbs per serving!!!
    Puffed Talapia

2/3 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
    1/3 Cup Lite Mayonnaise ( I use Olive oil Mayo)
    2 tbsp. thinly sliced green onions
    1/4 tsp. hot sauce
    1 lb. Tilapia Fillets
    1/4 tsp. Paprika

1. Preheat the oven to 375. Mix the Parmesan Mayo, Green Onion and Hot Sauce in a bowl and set aside.

2. Pat fish Dry with paper towels. Coat a shallow baking dish with non stick cooking spray (my favorite is Olive oil cooking spray) Place fillets in baking dish. Spread the parmesan mixture evenly over the filets and sprinkle with Paprika.

3. Bake 15 to 20 min or until fish flakes easily with a fork and topping is puffed and light golden. Serves 4.

Per Serving: 250 calories, 22g of fat, 20g saturated fat, 85mg cholesterol, 330 sodium, 3g carbs, 27 grams of protein 0g Omega-3.