I'm new here

Options
Hello everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I am Johnte Williams and I was recommended to this site for help. I am going to give it a try and hope that it helps me toward losing the pounds I need. Not only for health reasons but for personal reasons and self esteem also. :smile:

Replies

• lilmom1
    Options
    This is the place to be!!! Wow the support and love people pour out is amazing....it has help me shed 26 lbs.... Happy you are with us on this journey to a lifestyle change...not a diet...why....because it works!!! Best of luck to you Johnte Williams!
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Welcome. You've made a good decision in joining MFP. I joined the first part of this month. Being able to keep track of the foods you eat on here is great. Motivational support is the best. Please feel free to request me as a friend.
  • gibsons
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined a little over a week ago (went to the doctor, she put me on the scale and there was no more denial!).
    Anyhow, I've found logging every little morsel of food I eat helps me be accountable and I like the motivation to exercise - I'm sure you'll find lots of things and people to like too. Best wishes!
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Welcome Johnte!! This site is fantastic, not just for the tools, but the support is amazing.:flowerforyou:

You can do this, and we are all here to cheer you on along the way. If you need friends, just add me!!:smile:
  • Deebo958
    Options
    Welcome! You will love it here. The support and encouragement you recieve is amazing. The food diary has keep me so accountable. I can't imagine a better place to be than here with MFP's!
  • baker_c
    baker_c Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Glad you are here and getting started. This site is full of great people and lots of motivation. Feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other.

Congratulations on your new begining.

:smile: :smile:
  • frontporchflags
    Options
    I'm Wendy and I'm also new here. I have gained so much weight in the last 10 years....skinny husband that eats everything with sugar.......of course, I thought I could eat with him.....Wrong! Now the hard part of eating properly, doing some exercising and getting this off. I know I can do it. :smile:

He's on his way to pick up a pizza and the real "get down to business" starts in the morning! LOL