Shredded Chicken..

Options
I have a bunch of chicken breasts I boiled yeterday and shredded...I need some easy dinner ideas. I have about 6 breats worth. I have normal cupboard and fridge staples.

thank you

Replies

• Buccinator
    Options
    I shredded a chicken breast today. I put two tablespoons of BBQ sauce on top of a piece of naan bread, layered with the chicken, and topped with shredded cheddar. It was amazing. Even the picky boyfriend was pleased. I'm not sure how it would turn out, but I really want to try this with a thinly sliced apple thrown in there...
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I use shredded chicken in:

1) omelets
    2) sandwiches - i just melt cheese on top, but you can go for full pulled chicken sandwiches - like BBQ.
    3) quesadilla
    4) other mexican foods like burritos
    5) stir fry - it actually works well in stir fry
    6) on a salad
    7) in grilled cheese

These aren't really "meals" - like, I have no recipes to tell you, but i get the canned shredded chicken and try to add it to things a lot for the extra protein.
  • Jamiebee24
    Jamiebee24 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    chicken salad---fat free mayo, some dry ranch dip, grapes, sliced almonds, onion and/or celery (optional) so good! also, you could make some white chicken chili--add some monetary jack cheese, salsa, cumin and some great white northern beans
  • jcramped
    Options
    My favorite use of leftover chicken is Greek Avgolemono soup, about 140 calories per cup.

Ingredients:
    * 1 quart chicken broth
    * 1/2 cup orzo
    * 2 large eggs
    * 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice, to your taste
    * Sea salt and cayenne red pepper, to taste

Directions:
    In a large saucepan, bring chicken broth to a boil. Add orzo; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes, or until orzo is al dente. Add shredded cooked chicken. Set aside.

In a bowl, beat eggs by hand with a whisk and add lemon juice. Gradually add mixture to broth while stirring.

Cook until soup slightly thickens. Do not boil! Add salt and red pepper to your liking.
  • burbmama
    Options
    Thank you so much for the ideas!!! I took out too much chicken and didn't want to waste it. I am going to try some of these ideas this week!
  • p1nkpr1ncess
    p1nkpr1ncess Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    These sound yummy!

I have a really dumb question though - how do you shred chicken?

I have done shredded chicken in my slow cooker before but not in a pan? How long would I boil it for? Do I need to add any flavourings to it?
    -x-x-