My NSV

Options
lishaalexis
lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
I am finally reached the "normal" catergory for MPF. YAY! This is what is confusing, when I look up the BMI index on the CDC website they tell me that i am still overweight?!? Oh well a victory is a victory!

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I am finally reached the "normal" catergory for MPF. YAY! This is what is confusing, when I look up the BMI index on the CDC website they tell me that i am still overweight?!? Oh well a victory is a victory!

congrats on your loss!

BMI is a BS stat, IMO. I have about 13% body fat and according to BMI i am "obese" so I never go by BMI...

Go by the number on the scale and try to measure body fat...
  • rachseby
    rachseby Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    This^^^I think the stupid BMI really messed me up b/c it said that I was overweight at 140-145, and I have learned since then that that is probably my goal weight!

I think that by the BMI many athletes are "obese"....so that's definitely something to think about...
  • dpwellman
    dpwellman Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Basically: we dont give a rats *kitten* what the charts say, do we? Ok, its nice for Goal setting, but in the end we know when we're done
  • lishaalexis
    lishaalexis Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I know that the BMI chart is complete BS, but it just amazes me how much the two differ from one another. I don't usually go by BMI, but my doctor will bring it up so maybe he will start leaving me alone. I am well with in my weight standards for the navy so I am not too worried about what the chart says.
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Proud of you!! You've worked so hard!!

As for BMI,I'm going to probably worry about it when I'm building more muscle,have less body fat percentage(my goal as well as be much stronger) I don't think it'll be easy to reconcile being fitter and the BMI tell me I'm overweight or obese.

Very strange even thinking about it now.
    Anyways,I am very happy for you honey!! You're so hardworking and been though quite a bit to get here. You're amazing!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!