The Best Cobb Salad!!

Options
If anyone has ever been to Bahama Breeze, you may have tried their grilled chicken cobb salad. What makes it so amazing is their homemade island vinaigrette. You can find the recipe on their website. I just made it last night, and it is wonderful. I would suggest adding just a little extra honey than they suggest to make it slightly sweeter. I calculated the calories per serving, and it's only 45 cal. If you add the extra honey like I did, it might go up to 60. It was so simple to make.

I bought Organic Spring Mix for the lettuce, cherry tomatoes, which I sliced, goat cheese (I add a spoon of this to my salad), Oscar Mayer real bacon bits (fairly low calories per serving), Avacado (I put half of one in my portion of salad), and Tyson Fully Cooked grilled chicken strips (they make it easy to throw a salad together when you don't have a lot of time...just a few minutes in the microwave). I plan on keeping some hard boiled eggs ready to go and adding one to the salad as well. Together with this Island vinaigrette, it is the most amazing meal. It's full of healthy fresh ingredients and really satisfies. Definitely go check out the island vinaigrette recipe on www.bahamabreeze.com

Jillian Michaels suggests making your own blue cheese dressing by mixing blue cheese crumbles and greek yogurt...you can do this if you prefer a creamier dressing, but I find the goat cheese better tasting and it mixes with the vinaigrette here and there.

Replies

• scott24
    scott24 Posts: 132
    Options
    Awesome! I'm in need of some new ideas as I'm kind of in a stall right now. Eating right during football season apparently is difficult for me due to the frequent game get-togethers/tailgating stuff. A really good salad is definitely needed right now. The bleu cheese dressing is something I would definitely be interested in as well...

Thanks for the post!
  • LuckySue333
    Options
    I like cobb salad... But I dont live around where you said... I go to Wendys they just started making cobb/bacon salad. It is good. You can get a large one are a half one... I usually get the large one and me and my husband split it.... It is pretty decent salad even though it from a fast food place...
  • Dawn_2013
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe!:flowerforyou:

Yum Yum Yum
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    sounds delish!!!
  • singing377
    Options
    AWESOME!!! THANK YOU FOR THE SUGGESTION!